Name your top 3 pieces of training equipment

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm curious if you could only have 3 pieces of training equipment, what would they be? My instructor always told me another human is the best training equipment you can get. But what are the three aside from that?

Last edited:

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Cell Phone so I can take notes and videos during and after class.
Computer so I can use OneNote to organize thoughts and curriculum, or so I can use MartialTalk, Reddit, and Youtube to collaborate.
Gymnastics mats because I hate practicing on carpet.

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I forgot, a 6 X 6 wood pole for punching and kicking to build up shin, knuckles and elbows. Punching heavy bags will NOT strength those, you punch on the head, you'll break your knuckles if you don't strengthen them. Don't have to go crazy for show off, just keep doing it gently and consistently.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
-My belt because it holds all the knowledge in the universe and it can't be matched for what is beheld within its glorious confines.

-My shoes. Without my shoes, I would be unable to take them off prior to entering the dojo. Shoes MUST BE removed prior to entering. Don't be disrespectful now.

-My hidden ninja stars that I hide in my uniform during class. My classmates aren't aware of that yet...

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm curious if you could only have 3 pieces of training equipment, what would they be? My instructor always told me another human is the best training equipment you can get. But what are the three aside from that?
1). A waxed, polished, ultra frictionless concrete floor. 2) an inexhaustible supply of cotton soled slippers. 3)A self cleaning, ever full teapot.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
-My belt because it holds all the knowledge in the universe and it can't be matched for what is beheld within its glorious confines.

-My shoes. Without my shoes, I would be unable to take them off prior to entering the dojo. Shoes MUST BE removed prior to entering. Don't be disrespectful now.

-My hidden ninja stars that I hide in my uniform during class. My classmates aren't aware of that yet...
😁 Loved this! We don’t have belts or uniforms, but this got me thinking. See, we put shoes on to train…maybe…

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I train bare footed!!! How can you kick with shoe?!!! I always wear sandals out, I am ready to kick them off if calls for.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jump rope.
Indian clubs.
Full length mirror.

Latest Discussions