Namaste to everyone!

Jared Alberghini

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just joined, having a great time browsing the threads so far, hope to share some knowledge wherever I can.

A little background info... I've been training for a little over 10 years, mainly in Modern Arnis, along with a mixed variety of other arts.

I just recently started training my own students and have 6 dedicated people so far, but there is a huge interest in my community, so I expect to have at least 15-20 people in my class very quickly (possibly by the next week).

My current students keep asking me "How much do you want for lessons?"

This is the question I have been pondering... "What Should I Charge"?

For now, I have been training them 2 days a week, for 2-3 hours each session, however they are all so enthusiastic, they want to train 3 days now.

This is how I found this excellent forum, and figured it couldn't hurt to ask what others are charging, for a per-hour, per-session, or per-month basis?

Thanks for reading, I'm looking forward to getting involved with the community.

Jared

P.S. Would the General forum be a better place to ask this question?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! I'm going to give you a quick answer on what to charge - but I'd definitely suggest reposting your question in either the General Martial Arts forum, or in the Arnis forum, too. You're likely to get more answers that way, since the Meet & Greet tends to (and is really supposed to be) just a "hi-howdy" area.

Charge what seems fair and covers your costs. Charge something (or they won't value it, unfortunately), but don't charge so much that you're uncomfortable accepting the money, either.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome and enjoy.

As far as the cost of classe, check out what others are changing and go from there.

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT!

I would say as said before take into consideration the costs of operations, the geography of the area, the gross income of most families, the competition and what you have to offer.

In other words don't sell yourself short, but at the same time don't forsake your conscience either. Just to echo what has pretty much been stated...

Best of luck and great success!

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard and enjoy the reads, and do share.

tallgeese

Green Belt
Reaction score
Welcome aboard and looking forward to hearing from you!

As to how much to charge, I'd look at the rest of the stuff in the area and get a baseline figure from there to work from.

Good luck.

Latest Discussions