27 y/o from TX, new to MA and MT

FierySquidFace

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I've just begun training again, and am completly emersed in it: FMA/JKD 3x a week, Millitary CQC and Ninjutsu 3x-5x a week, and lots of cardio/strength training. I quit smoking (2nd day... doing good so far though). I've been lurking on these forums for a while, and this one seems to be the best one, so here I am! Throughout my training, I'm sure I'll have lots of thoughts and questions to share with everyone. I look forward to hearing from you.

Jenny_in_Chico

Black Belt
Reaction score
Excellent, another Texan. Pretty soon we'll have enough for a decent-sized rodeo. :)

We're glad to have you. If you don't mind me asking, where are you from? I'm from Garland, originally.

OP
F

FierySquidFace

Green Belt
Reaction score
Originally from Levelland, (West)TX. I've lived in Houston for 3 years now, but have just recently had to start a new life. I am feeling optimistic now though, and very earger to learn as much as I can. I'm like a dry sponge, ready to absorb all the knowledge that I can.

Jenny_in_Chico

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally from Levelland, (West)TX. I've lived in Houston for 3 years now, but have just recently had to start a new life. I am feeling optimistic now though, and very earger to learn as much as I can. I'm like a dry sponge, ready to absorb all the knowledge that I can.

I can't imagine that anything is dry in Houston.

Good luck on your martial arts journey. The most useful thing I've learned so far in kenpo (other than how to knock someone's melon off their shoulders) is that "Pain is weakness leaving the body".

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi,

First off, welcome aboard! Quite a mix of styles you have going there... we could have quite a few discussions on some of those! Oh, and serious congratulations on quitting smoking, that can be quite an ordeal!

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi,

First off, welcome aboard! Quite a mix of styles you have going there... we could have quite a few discussions on some of those! Oh, and serious congratulations on quitting smoking, that can be quite an ordeal!

You took the words right out of my mouth. :) That's a hell of a lot of training, good for you! Congrats on your smoking cessation, I'm sure the training will help you stick with it. Looking forward to your posts! :asian:

OP
F

FierySquidFace

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanx everyone for the welcome. I found a really great school, with awesome instructors. The whole experiance has been great. Like I said, I had to change my whole life very suddenly, and I feal very lucky to have such excellent instructors, and to be able to train (almost) everyday.

I'm trying to make the website for my school a hyperlink on my signature...

just2kicku

Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome! Enjoy, there's a wealth of knowledge here.