introducing myself!

TrueJudo

White Belt
Reaction score
What a nice site!

I was reading about martial arts and came across this site and thought, why not?
I signed up and here's my introduction!
i'm 35 years old, single (again), and Buddhist.
I'm a 4th dan judo master who got his training in Japan.
I've been exposed to Japanese culture since i was a child, my father was a diplomat there, but i have lived all around the world, i feel lucky for that!

Right now i am living in the Netherlands (i am originally dutch, but consider myself an ' inverted banana: white on the outside, yellow on the inside! ;-)
and i'm setting up my dojo in the northern region of the country.

I'm looking forward to get to know fellow practisioners and i am willing to give advice! (for free ofcourse!)

Best regards,

Willem.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! I know the Netherlands quite well and it's one of my favourite places. I hope MT becomes one of yours! :)

OP
T

TrueJudo

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! I know the Netherlands quite well and it's one of my favourite places. I hope MT becomes one of yours! :)

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

Tez, how many times have you visited my country?
What did you like about it?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

Tez, how many times have you visited my country?
What did you like about it?

I was in the RAF posted to Germany for three years but being 5 miles from the Dutch border at Venlo, spent most of my time there as I wasn't a huge fan of the area we were in. The best thing is definitely the people! We spent a lot of time camping around the country, Arnhem and Venlo were favourite shopping places too. I feel very much at home in Holland and although I haven't been there for a while miss it. My very little Dutch was learnt from reading the sub titles on Dutch television plus watching a lot of Dutch childrens programmes like Sesame Straat lol.

OP
T

TrueJudo

White Belt
Reaction score
So, i hope there are some judo players on this site!

Judo is my main art, though i have also done kendo and shinkendo, but i'm by no means an expert in those styles.

What arts are you guys doing?

Latest Discussions