My Website

Cool. I had no idea the techniques had such...evocative... names.
 
great site, I'm also working towards blue belt :)

Is it common for students to receive their 3rd brown within 2 years? Seems kinda fast to me, I've been training consistently for 2 years and am a purple belt. Is the material thought strictly EPAK and not external ideas, concepts like ground fighting, weapons training?

Thank You Kindly

-LATER-
 
Good job, Kirk, well done.

Happy New Year!!!
 
Originally posted by gravity
great site, I'm also working towards blue belt :)

Is it common for students to receive their 3rd brown within 2 years? Seems kinda fast to me, I've been training consistently for 2 years and am a purple belt. Is the material thought strictly EPAK and not external ideas, concepts like ground fighting, weapons training?

Thank You Kindly

-LATER-

Not common at all. But still possible. It is a strict EPAK
curriculum, although they still vary from school to school.

Thanks everyone, for the compliments.
 
But you need more porn.
:rolleyes:

Kudos to you for having a website. It's something to put what you do or like up for the world to scrutinize. Let it all hang out big man!!
 
Nice job. The technique pages look sleek/clean, good background color. Where did you get these technique descriptions? Your 'Time in Grade' section will probably raise some questions. It looks pretty aggressive, but I hope to get my black in about 3 1/2 years. I know one person in my school that earned it in 3 1/2. Lot o' speculation there as I am just starting out. What is your class schedule like? Xs per week? I take four classes a week.
 
Originally posted by Mike
Nice job. The technique pages look sleek/clean, good background color. Where did you get these technique descriptions? Your 'Time in Grade' section will probably raise some questions. It looks pretty aggressive, but I hope to get my black in about 3 1/2 years. I know one person in my school that earned it in 3 1/2. Lot o' speculation there as I am just starting out. What is your class schedule like? Xs per week? I take four classes a week.

Thanks. I got the descriptions from handouts that we're given
with each promotion. I have no idea where my instructor got
them from. As I said, it's fairly aggressive, yet no one's done it.
"Shadow" who posts on this board is testing in February for his
black belt, and he's going to be the one in my school to have done
it the fastest. I believe it's just a hair under 4 years for him.

Our class schedule is 4 x per week, 1 1/2 hours per day of a
strict class. Then an open day on saturdays, where you can come
in an work on your kenpo with one of the assistant instructors,
or do some filipino drills.
 
Add a pic of yourself. I wanna see what the "Roookie of The Year" looks like! Also, some pics of your school, and your classmates.:cool:
 
Originally posted by RCastillo
Add a pic of yourself. I wanna see what the "Roookie of The Year" looks like! Also, some pics of your school, and your classmates.:cool:

Trust me, you don't want to see a pic of this mug!

As far as my school and classmates ... experience tells me to
leave that alone, since so many (NOT you) like to ridicule in their
attempts to make themselves better in their own eyes. My
classmates and instructor don't deserve that.
 
Originally posted by Kirk
Trust me, you don't want to see a pic of this mug!

As far as my school and classmates ... experience tells me to
leave that alone, since so many (NOT you) like to ridicule in their
attempts to make themselves better in their own eyes. My
classmates and instructor don't deserve that.

I see, well, at least you can send me a 8x10 glossy of you!:D
 
Originally posted by RCastillo
I see, well, at least you can send me a 8x10 glossy of you!:D

ROFL!!! Sure, I have a ton of those laying around! LOL
 
Originally posted by Kirk
Trust me, you don't want to see a pic of this mug!

As far as my school and classmates ... experience tells me to
leave that alone, since so many (NOT you) like to ridicule in their
attempts to make themselves better in their own eyes. My
classmates and instructor don't deserve that.



:p :p :p :p :p
I think you need not to worry about the foolish ones who all they can do is make fun of others and their efforts to better themselves.
few pics of your class mates and yourself will definitly add to a already well organized and structured web page of yours.

Your Brother in the art
Burt
 
Originally posted by bahenlaura
:p :p :p :p :p
I think you need not to worry about the foolish ones who all they can do is make fun of others and their efforts to better themselves.
few pics of your class mates and yourself will definitly add to a already well organized and structured web page of yours.

Your Brother in the art
Burt

Right on! Maybe you can use a picture or two from camp. I think I have two of me and your schoolmates. Craig and maybe also Reggie.

And besides, if anyone mouths off, they can come to camp with us and say it in person. As has been well documented here (ahem) I have no patience for those guys who like to rail out across the web at someone who is or even could be looking for support/encouragement/knowledge. :asian:

So get a better excuse! :D

I think I have at least 2 pictures of your studio. Either with me and Mr. Parker Jr or class or possibly even everyone at one seminar or other.

If I get to scan my stuff tonight I'll email you and let you know.
 

Latest Discussions

Back
Top