my students' yudanja test 1st and 4th dans

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am very happy to announce that I tested 2 of my students for 1st and 4th dan yesterday.

These two individuals have trained for 10 and 25 years, respectively. They are wonderful individuals and examples to their juniors.

Dr. Kollment offers her medical expertise whenever we have someone who has been injured or ill. She finds the time between her busy professional and personal life to train regularly. She also has battled nagging injuries without complaint or asking for favorable treatment.

Mr. Foerg is my most senior student though he's only been with me for the past 12 years. He came to me as a 3rd dan in Tang Soo Do and Isshin-Ryu Karate-do and started over. He did so humbly and worked his way back up through the ranks. Despite an incredibly busy personal life (2 sons playing hockey and a son and daughter doing competitive swimming), and professional life (he is a geologist), he unfailingly covers class whenever I have asked.

I've put a couple of photos of the examinees on MT.

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That's great! It's always a great occasion to see one's students moving up the ranks & growing in the martial arts.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations!
icon14.gif

Latest Discussions