My son and I got our new belts!

50calray

White Belt
Reaction score
Well my son got his undecided Green belt last night and I got my decided Yellow belt
emoticonsmiless.png

Our son is very excited about his new belt and the chance of teaching me Camo belt. He started in early this morning showing my the first moves. This stuff is a lot of fun doing it with your kids even if they do out rank you lol

TKDHomeSchooler

Green Belt
Reaction score
Awesome job, last night must have been belt night as I got my purple.

Isn't it great when you can train with your kids, my Wife and 4 oldest kids all train in TKD too.

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Congrats to you and your son. I'm actually a camo belt right now and will hopefully test for Green this next weekend.

OP

50calray

White Belt
Reaction score
Awesome job, last night must have been belt night as I got my purple.

Isn't it great when you can train with your kids, my Wife and 4 oldest kids all train in TKD too.

wow...the whole family, that must be a blast :ultracool

Anyhow, congratulation on your Purple belt!

Wey

Green Belt
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but can someone explain the "camo" belt? I hope its not really... camo?

And congrats to you, 50calray! I can't wait until I have a family and we all train together. =]

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yup camo is the color of a camo belt.
Before any negatives about that pop up, remember it is the leaders of the association that choose the belt colors, not the students wearing the belt.
Congrats to you and your son!!!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well my son got his undecided Green belt last night and I got my decided Yellow belt
emoticonsmiless.png

Our son is very excited about his new belt and the chance of teaching me Camo belt. He started in early this morning showing my the first moves. This stuff is a lot of fun doing it with your kids even if they do out rank you lol

LOL, yeah, it is. I had a couple of fun discussions with Jr tho:
Jr:'I am a higher belt, you have to give me respect"
Me:'I am your mom, I always outrank you'

I had planned to out pace him once he hit the age limit to progress, but he flunked grading a couple of times, then took a break (as in pretty much quit)

Anyhow, gratz on the new belts, they are so much fun!

OP

50calray

White Belt
Reaction score
Yup camo is the color of a camo belt.
Before any negatives about that pop up, remember it is the leaders of the association that choose the belt colors, not the students wearing the belt.
Congrats to you and your son!!!

Yuppers,

Now correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Camo a relatively new belt? I mean took some TKD when I was a kid and can't recall seeing it but that was a couple of moons ago.

LOL, I am 41 and my mom still outranks me....

Just tell them you hold the mommy belt :mst::)

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yuppers,

Now correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Camo a relatively new belt? I mean took some TKD when I was a kid and can't recall seeing it but that was a couple of moons ago.

Just tell them you hold the mommy belt :mst::)

As far as I know only the ATA use the camo belt. Although it is very possible and probable that other individual schools use them as well.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congrats to both of you on your rank advancement AND that you get to train together!

Latest Discussions