My kicks hurt :D

Iwannakick

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hey everyone, I had been doubting my power and stuff and we sparred today and I got up against a green belt and beat her (green is right after yellow for me) and im only a advanced white belt :D Then after that we switched partners and I got against another advanced white (he's hardly ever at class) and I was doing really well it made my confidence go up alot! Like I was jumping out of his kicks then countering with my own and all that stuff :D

ps: the only reason i beat the green belt is cause shes a 50 year old lady and she says not to go easy

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
You never appreciate how functional a Martial Art is until you win. And then you lose it again, then get it back when you beat someone vastly less experienced than you. (Dont ask)

Up until now, youve probably been stuck in the void of "This is easy, im just doing the same thing over and over, and no matter what i do it isnt hard enough."
The end part will never change, but making successful use of strikes reminds you that they work.

You will always want to be faster and harder :)

Keep it up!

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good that you have a chance to build up some confidence. It always helps to know that you have some abilities you may not have thought you had. But remember, there are always others who can still show you some tricks. Hang in there and keep learning. When you find those that seem to be able to score easily against you, learn first how they do it, then how to counter. That's how you progress. You don't learn near as much from winning as you do from losing.

But in the mean time, enjoy your successes.