OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
But I should also add this guy may not be the typical CMA student you generally run into. He had trained Traditional Southern Mantis for greater than 12 years with a Southern Mantis teacher from Southern China and he had just got out of the Marines.
That's typical south mantis technique though he had many years of training to perfect it. The style becomes useful quickly even to the new student though...(I was going to make a smart *** comment to mantis about whuppin his butt, but figured I better wait til I'm a little better..next week should be good...*runs*) ;) :p

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Jade Tigress said:
That's typical south mantis technique though he had many years of training to perfect it. The style becomes useful quickly even to the new student though...(I was going to make a smart *** comment to mantis about whuppin his butt, but figured I better wait til I'm a little better..next week should be good...*runs*) ;) :p

Looks like we're heading for a Mantis smack down...ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE :)

Also I may have time to type that up today, not working today, injured reserve if you will, if so I will PM it to you.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Jade Tigress said:
no matter how hard you train you cannot kick my butt.... I'm with Adam :) haha

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
7starmantis said:
Hey Hey Hey, I'm in on this too!!!
dude i thought ur on my side. I may have to stick to lee kam wing side more hehe.

and man what happened to kicking my butt when you come down to irvine?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
mantis said:
dude i thought ur on my side. I may have to stick to lee kam wing side more hehe.

and man what happened to kicking my butt when you come down to irvine?

Not to worry, you can count on me and my Kamyamaya qi ball attack to be on your side. :)

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
Not to worry, you can count on me and my Kamyamaya qi ball attack to be on your side. :)

:xtrmshock That is soooooo not fair.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Jade Tigress said:
:xtrmshock That is soooooo not fair.

Hey!! You’re the southern mantis person and I'm the guy that received the beating from a southern mantis person in the past. This is pay back for the beating and do you think I'm going to face you by myself. :eek:

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
Hey!! You’re the southern mantis person and I'm the guy that received the beating from a southern mantis person in the past. This is pay back for the beating and do you think I'm going to face you by myself. :eek:

But...but...but...

OK...FINE. :p

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Jade Tigress said:
But...but...but...

OK...FINE. :p

HEY... Wait a minute... that was to easy... YOU just want to but another Southern mantis hurting on me don't you?????

Might as well face facts and just say it….
I surrender already

:partyon:

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i just want to touch hands with someone who does not know mantis because they will definitely not cooperate. I want to see where i am.
btw, i just received my tiger hooks in the mail. they look nice but i dont know what to do with them... haha any clue?

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
HEY... Wait a minute... that was to easy... YOU just want to but another Southern mantis hurting on me don't you?????

Might as well face facts and just say it….
I surrender already

:partyon:

You're damn straight I do!!! ...but those chi balls...I don't know man...I think I need you to throw a couple at mantis and 7* ... heehee :p

mantis said:
i just want to touch hands with someone who does not know mantis because they will definitely not cooperate. I want to see where i am.
btw, i just received my tiger hooks in the mail. they look nice but i dont know what to do with them... haha any clue?

Tiger hooks? Whoa..do tell.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jade Tigress said:
You're damn straight I do!!! ...but those chi balls...I don't know man...I think I need you to throw a couple at mantis and 7* ... heehee :p

Tiger hooks? Whoa..do tell.

:( My Special Maneuver is not that cool. :wah:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
:( My Special Maneuver is not that cool. :wah:

Damn straight... You have to be the evil overlord of Xuefu before you can master th the Kamyayamaya Qi balls...that or Goku.

mantis said:

You mean these

http://www.wushudirect.co.uk/acatalog/Chinese_Hand_Weapons.html

I don't know how to use them but they sure look cool.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
Damn straight... You have to be the evil overlord of Xuefu before you can master th the Kamyayamaya Qi balls...that or Goku.

You mean these

http://www.wushudirect.co.uk/acatalog/Chinese_Hand_Weapons.html

I don't know how to use them but they sure look cool.
yep those tiger hooks. I shipped them to my work address. My coworkers were having fun with them today!
I was supposed to go to a seminar but couldnt make it. I sent my brother instead. I'll have him teach me the form and tell you guys about it. I looked at that thing and i swear i cannot even imagine how this thing can be used!! embarrassing.

btw, i got your message. I live 'diagonally' across the country from you (souther california). I really hope to go to NY one day to check out KF schools. I'll ping you then ;)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
mantis said:
yep those tiger hooks. I shipped them to my work address. My coworkers were having fun with them today!
I was supposed to go to a seminar but couldnt make it. I sent my brother instead. I'll have him teach me the form and tell you guys about it. I looked at that thing and i swear i cannot even imagine how this thing can be used!! embarrassing.

btw, i got your message. I live 'diagonally' across the country from you (souther california). I really hope to go to NY one day to check out KF schools. I'll ping you then ;)

I once saw a guy do a form with them, but I was just watching and all I can remember is thinking I am WAY to close to this.

let me know if you get to NY.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Heh, I'm glad you like it.

I'll be seeing Riley on Sunday at the services for my sister, Ill be sure to ask him how you are doin.

LOL.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jade Tigress said:
HAH!! I eat chi balls for breakfast!! Or maybe that was cheesy poofs...not quite sure.

mantis said:
Oh yeah, I just finished learning a set with them. Its pretty tough to keep from hurting yourself! There is of course alot of hooking limbs and such. Its pretty cool, not one of my favorites, but its nice. I'm not sure if your Sifu teaches that weapon or not.

7sm

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
7starmantis said:
HAH!! I eat chi balls for breakfast!! Or maybe that was cheesy poofs...not quite sure.

Oh yeah, I just finished learning a set with them. Its pretty tough to keep from hurting yourself! There is of course alot of hooking limbs and such. Its pretty cool, not one of my favorites, but its nice. I'm not sure if your Sifu teaches that weapon or not.

7sm
and yes, it's cheese balls. same sing :)

we had a tiger hooks seminar night. I couldnt go though. I have to go to chi sau this morning and learn it from whoever is there to review it. I hear it's a lot of difficult maneuvers and transitions.
but man, when i saw this weapon i was like who the heck invented that, he must be a genius!

Latest Discussions