My first instructor

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
I got word tonight that my first kung fu instructor died this week in an accident. Any success I may have as a martial artist begins with this man. His attention to quality and detail set me on a path as a teenager that I continue on to this day, over 3 decades later.

RIP Randy Schweitzer, you will be missed.

Dinkydoo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear about that. I'm not really in contact with my first instructor anymore but I'd be gutted if anything happened to him; I wouldn't be the person I am today without his inspiration in the early stages of my martial arts journey. Condolences, man

OP
Y

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks.
Same here. I haven't seen the man in years, but his steps left deep impressions. He influenced a lot of people.

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. I am blessed that mine is still with us though we had a close call last year with his heart. Like your teacher, mine changed my life in a positive way.

Note: Admins, we used to have a way to remove signatures from a post. I really did not want to include mine on this post but see no way to remove it. OP I meant no disrespect whatsoever.

Last edited:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
May he rest in peace, my friend.

Latest Discussions