My experience with American kenpo

moonhill99

Brown Belt
Reaction score
How can you discuss something that is false? You made statements that were untrue, there is no discussion to be had when that happens.

The American public led to believe there no self defense and some major liberal country.

moonhill99

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Yu have a selective memory, remember that post about soldiers creeping around killing people "But the military goal is to shoot before you get seen or hear them coming. I would thing the goal would be different you want to shoot not be seen. You goal is not scare them off but shoot them before they know you are there."

Writing nonsense in bad English.....

So the goal is for them to see you and hear you coming? That what you telling me?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The American public led to believe there no self defense and some major liberal country.

Not my circus not my monkeys. I'm not going to discuss American politics here, apart from the fact there's no political discussion allowed here, I couldn't give an educated or balanced opinion on something I know very little about.

moonhill99

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Yu have a selective memory, remember that post about soldiers creeping around killing people "But the military goal is to shoot before you get seen or hear them coming. I would thing the goal would be different you want to shoot not be seen. You goal is not scare them off but shoot them before they know you are there."

Writing nonsense in bad English.....

No where did I say it would be like poster saying it would be like ninjas no matter how you play it they will not see you or hear you.

No where I'm saying it will be like in movies that they will not see you or hear you like ninjas.

No matter how hard you try it be like movies like ninjas.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the goal is for them to see you and hear you coming? That what you telling me?

The military is large, units have different jobs, the aim of the exercises are all very different, it's not black and white. If it had to be summarised in one sentence...the aim is to win.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No where did I say it would be like poster saying it would be like ninjas no matter how you play it they will not see you or hear you.

No where I'm saying it will be like in movies that they will not see you or hear you like ninjas.

No matter how hard you try it be like movies like ninjas.

I think you are quoting the wrong person here, I never mentioned ninjas.

moonhill99

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Not my circus not my monkeys. I'm not going to discuss American politics here, apart from the fact there's no political discussion allowed here, I couldn't give an educated or balanced opinion on something I know very little about.

I was saying if media and web sites did better job than I would not have come up with those statements about the UK self defense.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was saying if media and web sites did better job than I would not have come up with those statements about the UK self defense.

to quote a well known American "DOH"

moonhill99

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I think you are quoting the wrong person here, I never mentioned ninjas.

Poster saying

I'm sorry, I was in the military, and we ain't a bunch of Ninjas

What , think I watch too may movies and think the military is all ninjas cannot be seen or hear them coming?

No where I saying want you want and want plays out in reality other thing.

You want to be stealthy but most of the time they see and hear you coming.

No where I saying otherwise.

moonhill99

Brown Belt
Reaction score
As I said educate yourself, check up, read more, don't post stuff you know nothing about.

That what the point thread I made. I came across some web sites about UK and I believe it, that the public has no self defense and police have little if any self defense too.

Last edited:

moonhill99

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Wow this thread has gone off track from the ops original post lol

OP saying.

No just the one guy the head instructor was a great guy he was a good teacher a decent guy. A bit arrogant but well he was a 7th dan, a former soldier and a police officer I guess there's bound to be a bit of arrogance there but he was fine and a guy I do still have a lot of respect for

Poster

There is an us verses them mentality, police officers naturally fall into.

The clarification of aggressive cop vs non aggressive cop or what do you mean by aggressive cop turn into how police should or should not deal with bad guys.

What does he mean here that if you not cop they will not be nice? Or is he saying cops are too aggressive? That he or she does not feel conformable in a martial arts class with police officers there that have us verses them mentality? Some police attitude because he or she is not police officer?

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

That's nice, when did I say or even imply that there was no yelling in 'all' martial arts. I took TKD in my youth, and dabbled in Karate, I know they yell and in my many many years doing this stuff, I have seen all sorts of styles that yell....but they all do not...and in your limited experience you apparently were not aware of this and I based this on this post that you had made

Like what city or area he goes to that there is no yelling or screaming in his martial arts class or self defense..

I simply listed those that do not yell and pointed out you can find them in virtually all cities. And traditional Chinese martial arts, all Chinese Sports Sanda/Sanshou, all Chinese Police/Military Sanda/Sanshou., most Aikido classes, virtually all JKD classes, they do not yell, and there are more...... apparently did not know this..... now you do.

And you are posting on MT and even though you may yell in your martial arts class, there is no need to yell when you post and large bolded letters are taken as yelling.

moonhill99

Brown Belt
Reaction score
That's nice, when did I say or even imply that there was no yelling in 'all' martial arts. I took TKD in my youth, and dabbled in Karate, I know they yell and in my many many years doing this stuff, I have seen all sorts of styles that yell....but they all do not...and in your limited experience you apparently were not aware of this and I based this on this post that you had made

I simply listed those that do not yell and pointed out you can find them in virtually all cities. And traditional Chinese martial arts, all Chinese Sports Sanda/Sanshou, all Chinese Police/Military Sanda/Sanshou., most Aikido classes, virtually all JKD classes, they do not yell, and there are more...... apparently did not know this..... now you do.

And you are posting on MT and even though you may yell in your martial arts class, there is no need to yell when you post and large bolded letters are taken as yelling.

I'm not sure what you mean they yell or do not yell.

The reason for yelling in class? I get many reasons but base on person opinions of why they yell.

Or no one knows why they yell and people have different opinions of why they yell.

Tired_Yeti

Green Belt
Reaction score
We are adults, we don't scream like little children, most of my students are trained killers...
Uh huh...
e4c50a6b9f4c78336dd7231d01b88550.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean they yell or do not yell.

The reason for yelling in class? I get many reasons but base on person opinions of why they yell.

Or no one knows why they yell and people have different opinions of why they yell.

I thought I was pretty clear with some style yell, some do not and Traditional Chinese martial arts, all Chinese Sports Sanda/Sanshou, all Chinese Police/Military Sanda/Sanshou., most Aikido classes, virtually all JKD classes do 'not' yell or kiai

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh huh...
e4c50a6b9f4c78336dd7231d01b88550.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Yep, my students are army, members of various British regiments including Scots Guards ( born fighters lol) Para Regt, a couple of tank regiments, the Yorkshire Regiment and of course Gurkhas. We also have some from Corps such as the Royal Signals and Royal Army Medical Corps ( surprisingly pugnacious), Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, there's a couple of PTIs but no Royal Military Police as they are used for practice when the squaddies are out on the pop.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
I only made handful of posts about British police and I never reaped or argued any thing about British police.

Why are you taken offense?

I seen US cops work calls but don't know how done in UK other the US media that shows UK some very liberal country.

Dude just stop already. The more you talk the worse it gets for you. You already made a fool of yourself more than once, what more can you get from this?

Latest Discussions