Muzenza Capoeira

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this other than here. Anywho, had a first lesson with Muzenza Capoeira last night and blimey it was fun :D had the usual first time nerves, but not too bad on this occasion. Upon arrival at the studio and then the changing room, one kiddie whom is a dancer, suddenly pulls out a uniform. Oh yeah, seemed very obvious in hindsight, still it did have an effect of calming the butterflies. I usually take a while to warm up to new situations, people and environments, but this time not so.

I think it helped that all the guys had at least two years’ experience so they just went into it and I was the fascinated passenger. I know that it was just a brief glimpse into a world I do not know, but it was a pleasure to be their presence. The little sparring session at the end was cool. Probably being a bit over excitable but never seen Capoeira in anything other than YouTube. Looking forward to the next sesh.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have done capo and found it very rewarding.

Did you spar or have a roda?

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah we formed the circle. There was some ceremonial clapping and then I just stood there enjoying the moment. One of the students tried a sneeky reverse kick (what it looked like to me) but yeah, cool beans.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ah good rodas are lots of fun.

My advice is jump in as much as possible the more time spent in the roda the better you will get.

And jump in early. It gets faster as time goes on.