Movin' On

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
It's been a looooooooong time since I've posted on here as two major things have happened/will happen in my life in the past couple years. First, I got married to a lovely woman last May 26 in Toronto, Canada at the ripe old age of 41 (now 42 !). Imagine an old dog learning new tricks ! :) The second major thing is that I'm in the process of moving from Columbus, Ohio to Toronto, Canada to be closer to my wife's family. The immigration paperwork just came through last week and the house is on the market. Things are truly going to get crazy here in the next couple of months. Talk about major changes.

Through all of this, I have managed to keep on training and going to various Modern Arnis events. I intend to start a Modern Arnis training group once I get to the Toronto area; a couple of great guys up there have already expressed interest. In any case, I'd like to thank Guro Dan McConnell and the students in the dojo here in Columbus for their friendship and support over the years.

AND, I intend to post more often here on MT !!

Take care,
Brian

:ultracool

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's been a looooooooong time since I've posted on here as two major things have happened/will happen in my life in the past couple years. First, I got married to a lovely woman last May 26 in Toronto, Canada at the ripe old age of 41 (now 42 !). Imagine an old dog learning new tricks ! :) The second major thing is that I'm in the process of moving from Columbus, Ohio to Toronto, Canada to be closer to my wife's family. The immigration paperwork just came through last week and the house is on the market. Things are truly going to get crazy here in the next couple of months. Talk about major changes.

Through all of this, I have managed to keep on training and going to various Modern Arnis events. I intend to start a Modern Arnis training group once I get to the Toronto area; a couple of great guys up there have already expressed interest. In any case, I'd like to thank Guro Dan McConnell and the students in the dojo here in Columbus for their friendship and support over the years.

Take care,
Brian

Wow, big news all around! Hearty congratulations to you! Good luck with the upcoming events...looking forward to seeing ya back here, eh? :D

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow marriage a move to canada and starting a group to train with up there man you are a bust man, but yet you will find time to post here on MT cudos for doing that.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations! Wow- that is a lot going on... Glad to see you back, and good luck with the move and classes!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Take care,
Brian

Brian,

You have my best wishes and I know you will enjoy Toronto. I hope you will continue to post when you can and stay in touch as Life permits. I know I have been real busy in the last few months myself.

Congratulations and best wishes :)

OP
Brian Johns

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Brian,

You have my best wishes and I know you will enjoy Toronto. I hope you will continue to post when you can and stay in touch as Life permits. I know I have been real busy in the last few months myself.

Congratulations and best wishes :)

Rich, CarolK, Terryl, and tkd girl,

Thanks for the best wishes. I appreciate it. As for Rich's message, I've been to Toronto quite a few times. I just have to master the art of drinking Canadian beer and say "eh ?" and "aboot" :ultracool

I will definitely try to post more here until moving day and after I get settled into the Toronto area. And of course, I'll continue training up there !!

Brian

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations Brian and someday I will head up your way to Toronto for some training.
icon14.gif

Bill Bednarick

Green Belt
Reaction score
Good luck Brian!

You will like Toronto, it's a beautiful city.
Start a school up there and continue the work you have started.
You are ready brother!

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich, CarolK, Terryl, and tkd girl,

Thanks for the best wishes. I appreciate it. As for Rich's message, I've been to Toronto quite a few times. I just have to master the art of drinking Canadian beer and say "eh ?" and "aboot" :ultracool

I will definitely try to post more here until moving day and after I get settled into the Toronto area. And of course, I'll continue training up there !!

Brian

Don't Change the Process Eh. (* Pro as in Professional *) ;)

Enjoy the new language :D

OP
Brian Johns

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Good luck Brian!

You will like Toronto, it's a beautiful city.
Start a school up there and continue the work you have started.
You are ready brother!

Bill,

Thanks for the well wishes on my move up there. You are right about Toronto, it's a fantastic city and I'm looking forward to being there. Good seeing you two weeks ago at Datu Kelly's event !! Hope that you had a good time down here !!

Take care,
Brian

OP
Brian Johns

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Don't Change the Process Eh. (* Pro as in Professional *) ;)

Enjoy the new language :D

Yeah, I've heard plenty about the "PRO-cess" from my wife !! I also have to remind myself that the Canadians pronounce the last letter of the alphabet different than we do ! They say "zed" and we say "zee." :rules:

Take care,
Brian

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard plenty about the "PRO-cess" from my wife !! I also have to remind myself that the Canadians pronounce the last letter of the alphabet than we do ! They say "zed" and we say "zee." :rules:

Take care,
Brian

Yes Zed, I work with our Canadian group a lot and spelled something out and stated Zed, all the Americans were confused. ;) The Canadians laughed and stated I was becoming more Canadian. I replied that Michigan being North of Canada (* Detroit to Windsor ;) *) and loving Hockey we get along great with Canadians. :D

Bill Bednarick

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yes Zed, I work with our Canadian group a lot and spelled something out and stated Zed, all the Americans were confused. ;) The Canadians laughed and stated I was becoming more Canadian. I replied that Michigan being North of Canada (* Detroit to Windsor ;) *) and loving Hockey we get along great with Canadians. :D

I was asked once what province I was from.

I told them Michigan.:D And then we had a nice talk about Curling over a Molson.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was asked once what province I was from.

I told them Michigan.:D And then we had a nice talk about Curling over a Molson.

Curling "Rocks" ** Pun intended ** :D

Yes I was in a Mexcian Bar in Japan that was owned by some Aussies, and was asked if I was Canadian. They had heard that American's were this really big headed and loud obnoxious type of people. ;)

Latest Discussions