Morgan Freeman calls Herman Cain a racist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
he is allowed to have an opinion you know.

I see that despite what we've posted you have understood nothing and still take your view as being the correct one. We had a time without a monarchy and we didn't like it so we put it back. I think you need to educate yourself on British and European history before you comment so much on things you don't actually know anything about. It's all about checks and balances, that's why we have a monarchy as do other countries, it works fine and is far from being 'quaint'

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Crown + Lords + Commons = Continuity + Stability - Extremism.

A simple and very successful equation that has served us very well for many centuries.

The Americans decided they didn't want a monarchy guiding their steps quite early on; a choice that they have to live with until such time as they come to their senses :p.

Seriously, it's 'your' choice as a nation and tho I think it is the wrong one as it allows exteme bipartisanship to flower (that opinion being borne out every day by the political bickering in these pages) it was the path you elected (yeah, politics pun attack :D!) to take. We tried it both ways (ooh er nurse :lol:!) and found it more preferable to have a parliamentary democracy rather than republicanism. That is our choice and, as I said, its worked pretty well. The greatest flaw is that at present it is the personal authority of the Queen herself that is holding sway; whether the 'office' will in future retain it's place in the system of checks and balances is yet to be seen. I hope that it does.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course he's allowed to have an opinion but making statements that aren't true isn't expressing an opinion is it?

Latest Discussions