Masayuki Yamaguchi

M

mizu_teppo

Does anyone have any information on Masayuki Yamaguchi? I know he's a historian, but that's about all. I recently was able to buy a copy of Ninja no Seikatsu, one of his works on Ninpo, and it apparently is a very comprehensive text with many rare photo's. It's in the mail right now, so in the mean time I would like to know more about the author, if possible.

Thank you.

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That looks like a pretty neat book. I dont know if i'd spend $200 on it, but then again, I buy stuff that other people wouldnt spend that much money on. (ex, Atama BJJ gi for $210)

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mizu_teppo said:
I got the book just a few days ago and it is excellent, worth the $200 I spent to get it!

Dude, you got hosed!!!!!!

I am looking at the back of my copy and it cost just 4000 yen. That is less than 40 dollars at the current exchage rate.

If anyone wants a book currently in print from Japan their best chance is to contact me. For the total cost of the book and shipping (at a liberal exchange rate) in advance PLUS at least six hours of CSI Miami (preferably on DVD so I can lend it to Kizaru) I can probably satisfy your needs.

OP
M

mizu_teppo

Don Roley said:
Dude, you got hosed!!!!!!

I am looking at the back of my copy and it cost just 4000 yen. That is less than 40 dollars at the current exchage rate.

If anyone wants a book currently in print from Japan their best chance is to contact me. For the total cost of the book and shipping (at a liberal exchange rate) in advance PLUS at least six hours of CSI Miami (preferably on DVD so I can lend it to Kizaru) I can probably satisfy your needs.
Really?? Ahh, that sucks. Oh well, wouldn't be the first time I've went through financial pains to get things related to training and training studies. The place I got it from said it was out of print though and I couldn't find it on amazon japan, they only had his later books, and those were out of stock. But thanks I'll be sure to contact you in the future.

I noticed in the bibliography of your infamous koga-ryu article the book "Shinobi no Sato no Kiroku". Assuming you own it how much would you say that one is worth approximately? Thanks alot.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, it seems I was off a bit.

At the request of a martialtalk member, I took my copies of Ninja no Seikatsu and the Shoninki to my local book seller and asked them to order another copy of each. I just got a call that they are both out of print and out of stock with the publishers. So you are paying for someone to run the things down in some manner, and that is going to cost you.

BTW, I do not know how much I payed for Ninja no Sato no Kiroku. It certainly was not the 1800 yen cover price.

OP
M

mizu_teppo

Ah, okay, now I don't feel so bad about paying more. Thanks alot for the update. As for Shinobi no Sato no Kiroku, would you mind giving a brief overview of what te book is about? I heard it documents modern day practitioners in conjunction with the historical art, so I'm wondering does it cover alot on Hatsumi sensei and the original Shihan from the early days?

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mizu_teppo said:
As for Shinobi no Sato no Kiroku, would you mind giving a brief overview of what te book is about? I heard it documents modern day practitioners in conjunction with the historical art, so I'm wondering does it cover alot on Hatsumi sensei and the original Shihan from the early days?

I don't think so. I can't find my copy right now. But I do not recall anything having to do with the Bujnkan. It is mainly about old records from the area. Kind of dull and boring unless you are really into the subject.

Latest Discussions