MartialTalk and the COVID-19 Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The problem is, what the Senate seems to want to do is give money to the corporations, which never seems to get to the people who are actually out of work.
Businesses don't get rich by giving money to the top. They get rich by people on the bottom having money to spend. Even if a person is out of work, they will still spend money in some shape or form until there is no money left.. From an economic perspective, I think there are people who don't want to solve the issue. It's easy to spot them, because they say give money to the big corporations but will tell the average worker to lift themselves up.. So help big business but tell regular people that they need to help themselves.

Countries are like Trees.. Take care of the root and the tree will grow healthy deny the root an the tree will die. One could say, "Take care of the ones who are on the bottom, and and your Country will thrive. Ignore those on the bottom and your country will rot. Whatever hardships and problems are on the bottom they have to be addressed..

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's more like 98%.
Apparently you're incapable of calculating that 2% of 328 million people is 6.5 million people.

A frigging holocaust.

Not to mention that 20% of those who survive this terrible disease have lifelong after effects. Neurological. Respiratory. Circulatory. People have had to get lung transplants.

Not to mention that it has mutated something more than 8 times-mutation is not our friend, and only happens with continued transmission.
your tone sugests your holding me partly respobaible for this?

60 milkion people die every year, its sort of what happens , if you want less deaths live in a smaller country, the states have 2 .5 milkion death every year, why are not not crying over the 25 million that have died in the last decade, thats a holocaust x 4

the fact remains, its a very low risk to 99% of people, if you want to split hairs lets call it 98.5%,

and id love to see where youve got this 20% figure from, 80% dont even know they have it,

we have currently circa 1 milkion cases in the uk, 200 thousand arnt goibg to need lung transplants,

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
USA has 4.25% of the World's population, and are nowhere near the population density of much of the world.

As of today, we have 21% of the total worldwide cases, and 18.5% of the COVID related deaths.

View attachment 23340
we most of the world isnt doing widespread testing, so you have 21% of the confirmed cases, do more tesstibg get more confirned cases,

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I agree the HEALS Act is what we need.
I am saying people can not wait until Jan 20.
People need something now. People are hungry now.
Take what you can now, and fight for something better later.
Sure, but if all the aid goes to corporations and none of it goes to the people who are desperate, that simply does not help. If the is the example of what we can get now, I say no because it is not helpful and could even be misspent.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
and id love to see where youve got this 20% figure from, 80% dont even know they have it,
s,

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/jmv.26368

https://www.clinicalmicrobiologyandinfection.com/article/S1198-743X(20)30436-5/abstract

"
In previously hospitalised and nonhospitalised patients with confirmed or suspected COVID-19, multiple symptoms are present about 3 months after symptoms onset. This suggests the presence of a “post-COVID-19 syndrome” and highlights the unmet healthcare needs in a subgroup of patients with “mild” or “severe” COVID-19."

Persistent Symptoms in Patients After Acute COVID-19

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scien...ujgsXC1KOgraZXWApKBPHeUzqJL4PRCnuIPqsqC2--ZhF

https://journals.lww.com/cmj/fullte...XcnJi7AXBlzCNL4A1oEygi_mE_62tq_khlldgYDMmljYc

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/jmv.26465

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/jmv.26368

https://www.clinicalmicrobiologyandinfection.com/article/S1198-743X(20)30436-5/abstract

"
In previously hospitalised and nonhospitalised patients with confirmed or suspected COVID-19, multiple symptoms are present about 3 months after symptoms onset. This suggests the presence of a “post-COVID-19 syndrome” and highlights the unmet healthcare needs in a subgroup of patients with “mild” or “severe” COVID-19."

Persistent Symptoms in Patients After Acute COVID-19

Post-discharge persistent symptoms and health-related quality of life after hospitalization for COVID-19 - ScienceDirect

https://journals.lww.com/cmj/fullte...XcnJi7AXBlzCNL4A1oEygi_mE_62tq_khlldgYDMmljYc

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/jmv.26465
so where does it say 20% ?

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
so where does it say 20% ?

Yeah, I rounded that down.

WAY down.

Outcomes of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Patients Recently Recovered From COVID-19

"In this cohort study including 100 patients recently recovered from COVID-19 identified from a COVID-19 test center, cardiac magnetic resonance imaging revealed cardiac involvement in 78 patients (78%) and ongoing myocardial inflammation in 60 patients (60%), which was independent of preexisting conditions, severity and overall course of the acute illness, and the time from the original diagnosis."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...suffer-long-term-covid-19-illness/ar-BB17cURc

https://www.newsweek.com/most-recovered-covid-19-patients-left-heart-damage-study-shows-1521456

https://www.inverse.com/mind-body/covid-19-brain-effects

https://www.statnews.com/2020/08/12/after-covid19-mental-neurological-effects-smolder/

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/what-we-know-about-the-long-term-effects-of-covid-19

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, I rounded that down.

WAY down.

Outcomes of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Patients Recently Recovered From COVID-19

"In this cohort study including 100 patients recently recovered from COVID-19 identified from a COVID-19 test center, cardiac magnetic resonance imaging revealed cardiac involvement in 78 patients (78%) and ongoing myocardial inflammation in 60 patients (60%), which was independent of preexisting conditions, severity and overall course of the acute illness, and the time from the original diagnosis."

CDC Says Patients Suffer Long-Term COVID-19 Illness

Most recovered COVID-19 patients left with heart damage: study shows

Many Covid-19 patients are reporting neurological symptoms

Long after a Covid-19 infection, mental and neurological effects smolder

What We Know About the Long-Term Effects of COVID-19
hace you actually read that,,,, it states in its limitations that is doesnt on anyway relate to asymtomatics and as that is the largest part, your aleady down to circa 30/ 20 % of those infected,,,

so lets call it 20% out of that 20% only 5% of the 20 % had serioous issues, so thats 1 % of the total.

n
so not 20% of those infected, certainly not 70% of those infected , 1( one) %

Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wait... so any health directive to follow... is technically a 'lockdown' according to you?

AH... they WON'T LET ME stand up in the middle of the aisle whilst the plane takes off... ARRRGH DARN this lockdown!!!!!!
locking down the borders, is a lock down

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I agree the HEALS Act is what we need.
I am saying people can not wait until Jan 20.
People need something now. People are hungry now.
Take what you can now, and fight for something better later.
The “Restoring Critical Supply Chains and Intellectual Property Act” is excellent and long overdue. There have been attempts to pass several versions over the years.

The two columns do clearly show the conservative/liberal mindsets.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just the simple shift in motivation will make a difference. This current administration is motivated by only two things: greed and glory.

We're in a bit of a jam right now because a lot of folks are just fed up with the entire thing, as a direct result of the gross mishandling of this current administration. It's been a debacle by any measure, and so a new administration is starting off in a really tough position. So, right out of the gate, having a canaging the pandemic and also minimizing economic impact will help. Also having a message that is, you know, supportelear, consistent message that is aligned with best practices from places around the globe that have done a good job of md by medical and scientific experts, is helpful. They're going to have to address and overcome the fatigue that everyone is feeling.

But, I think there is more that a competent administration can do. Job number one is to start sharing information, open the lines of communication with the States, regardless of party affiliation, and make sure that resources (PPE, etc) are going where they are needed without forcing States to compete against each other in a bidding war. Now that the Biden administration is able to officially begin the transfer of power, they can dig into what was really happening during Operation Warp Speed.

The next big thing is going to be to ensure that safe, effective vaccinations are made available to all Americans at no cost. There is zero chance this current administration would be able to coordinate that, but I'm confident that the next will make it happen.

beyond that, I mean, we could get into passing relief bills, addressing the income and small business impacts. It's not going to happen overnight, but when you're handed such a disastrous situation that stems from such gross incompetence, it takes a while to get things turned around.

You are right that some people need a shift in motivation. More correctly what motivates them. Having a personality issue with leadership is just plain childish. How quickly we forget where the economy was less than a year ago.
Clearly some people are fed up (you) but you certainly do not speak for everyone, no matter how hard you try. Do you even realize how big a blowhard you are?

That you cannot follow the messages and directives being given by leadership is on You. Not too many other people seem to be having that problem.

I was going to post this part on it's own but you led right into it.
We finished up our third change from producing N95 masks and PPE media this afternoon. Took just under 2000 manhours and I do not expect to see payment for 120 days plus. There are thousands of masks in the warehouses (yes plural) and the producer is expecting more to be shipped back to them because the 'customers' have no where to put them. They have not been paid for production since February.
So your idea that there is a shortage of PPE is laughable. Operation Warp Speed did just what it set out to do and more. Now if the retail and public suppliers were selling/giving out proportional to what was ordered and/or the expected demand things would make a little more sense.

If the current administration does not deliver the vaccination(s) it would only be because they are no longer in office. The next administration will be bound by the same delivery chains. How someone would think/claim delivery time is not 100% on the pharmaceutical companies is sad and shady. Silly to think political workers and policy makers are driving the delivery time. Even scarier to think liberal factions were holding them back as a political tactic. Sadly this would not shock me.

The extension of a stimulus bill is a two edged sword. A personal bailout seems to be what you are looking for. Sad. Surely even you understand Nothing is free and You and I and Everyone else will end up paying more across the board for the freebies from this dilemma. How else do you think these things will be paid for? And as usual the price increases will be absorbed and people will get somewhat conditioned to thinking it is a 'new normal'. Just stupid crutch thinking.

Bruce7

Black Belt
Reaction score
You are right that some people need a shift in motivation. More correctly what motivates them. Having a personality issue with leadership is just plain childish. How quickly we forget where the economy was less than a year ago.
Clearly some people are fed up (you) but you certainly do not speak for everyone, no matter how hard you try. Do you even realize how big a blowhard you are?

That you cannot follow the messages and directives being given by leadership is on You. Not too many other people seem to be having that problem.

I was going to post this part on it's own but you led right into it.
We finished up our third change from producing N95 masks and PPE media this afternoon. Took just under 2000 manhours and I do not expect to see payment for 120 days plus. There are thousands of masks in the warehouses (yes plural) and the producer is expecting more to be shipped back to them because the 'customers' have no where to put them. They have not been paid for production since February.
So your idea that there is a shortage of PPE is laughable. Operation Warp Speed did just what it set out to do and more. Now if the retail and public suppliers were selling/giving out proportional to what was ordered and/or the expected demand things would make a little more sense.

If the current administration does not deliver the vaccination(s) it would only be because they are no longer in office. The next administration will be bound by the same delivery chains. How someone would think/claim delivery time is not 100% on the pharmaceutical companies is sad and shady. Silly to think political workers and policy makers are driving the delivery time. Even scarier to think liberal factions were holding them back as a political tactic. Sadly this would not shock me.

The extension of a stimulus bill is a two edged sword. A personal bailout seems to be what you are looking for. Sad. Surely even you understand Nothing is free and You and I and Everyone else will end up paying more across the board for the freebies from this dilemma. How else do you think these things will be paid for? And as usual the price increases will be absorbed and people will get somewhat conditioned to thinking it is a 'new normal'. Just stupid crutch thinking.

There is a shortage of M95 mask in hospitals.
Why are all these M95 mask not where they are needed?
Why are manufactures not being paid?
IMO this bad management.

IMO management of the government has not been good, which is part of the covid problem.
If the government can not manage M95 mask, how will the government manage vaccinations well?

Even scarier to think liberal factions were holding them back as a political tactic.
I think of you as a logical person. I don't understand the logic of the statement.
All the companies that were part of Warp Speed received billions from the government,
Most of the CEO's of these companies are Republicans, why would they want to hold back?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
There is a shortage of M95 mask in hospitals.
Why are all these M95 mask not where they are needed?
Why are manufactures not being paid?
IMO this bad management.

IMO management of the government has not been good, which is part of the covid problem.
If the government can not manage M95 mask, how will the government manage vaccinations well?

Even scarier to think liberal factions were holding them back as a political tactic.
I think of you as a logical person. I don't understand the logic of the statement.
All the companies that were part of Warp Speed received billions from the government,
Most of the CEO's of these companies are Republicans, why would they want to hold back?
the andwer i suspect is the govenment wont manage vacination at all well, good job there is not enough to go round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions