MartialTalk and KenpoTalk under new Ownership

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the summer of 2001 I launched MartialTalk with the help of Datu Tim Hartman. The original idea was to be a small forum for people in WNY and Southern Ontario to talk about martial arts. We rapidly became more than that. Over the last 12 years we became one of the largest general martial arts communities around. In 2005 we launched both KenpoTalk and FMATalk, each becoming a solid community for Kenpo and the FMA respectively. But time moves on, and change is sometimes needed to continue the journey. After a lot of discussion and thought, I made the decision to pass MartialTalk and KenpoTalk on to new owners, so they could keep the flame burning and take things to the next level. Over the years I've discussed the idea of selling MT and KT with a lot of people, but I always said I couldn't sell to anyone who wouldn't care for them. After some deep digging, I found the right people to pass the keys over to.

MartialTalk and KenpoTalk have become members of the Forum Foundry family of sites. Home Page
We're on a new server, there's new features going in, things being tuned up, it's exciting!

You'll see a few new faces in the admin hats. Welcome them aboard.

To everyone who has been a part of this journey, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. Thank you for making MT and KT what they are, and for all of your support. Don't worry. I ain't going anywhere. I'll still be hanging around.
The first 12 years have been a wild ride. Here's to the next decade! :cheers:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome new admins!

And THANK YOU BOB for a great 12 years!!! :asian: :partyon: :cheers:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it's been a heck of a ride! :) I've been here since '03, and this place has been somewhat of a 2nd home. It's been great Bob, and as I've said, I wish you well with everything you do in the future. I'm looking forward to working with the new team! :)

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Congratulations Bob. All the best with your next venture.
:asian:

aedrasteia

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Bob - good for you! whats ahead for you?
the new folks have big shoes to fill
(kinda like those clown.... well nevermind).
thanks for the enormous hard work you've done, behind the scenes.
with respect,

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bob,

You've put heart and soul into this site, and been uncommonly fair in running it. I know you agonized over this decision, but I think it was time. You did everything you could to find the right buyers, who want to keep it running well. And you're steps closer to your new dreams. It was the right thing to do, at the right time.

Thanks for all that you've done, for all the work and long hours, and stress that you've dealt with. Move forward with a smile and light heart.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Add me to those who thank you for your efforts. I hope you'll be around for a long time, even if you're not the Boss.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I joined the first month when my instructor, Tim Hartman, told me about it. I was a mod. then admin. and now am a retiree. Bob Hubbard has done an amazing job here and I know him personally and I know he wouldn't sell unless he truly believed that MartialTalk was poised to move on to even better things. Thanks dude, and all the other staff and members who made this place what it is, and good luck to the new owners!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I joined the first month when my instructor, Tim Hartman, told me about it. I was a mod. then admin. and now am a retiree. Bob Hubbard has done an amazing job here and I know him personally and I know he wouldn't sell unless he truly believed that MartialTalk was poised to move on to even better things. Thanks dude, and all the other staff and members who made this place what it is, and good luck to the new owners!

Oh sure... kissing up to the boss :uhyeah:

Agreed...well not the "I was a mod. then admin" bits...because I wasn't :)...Good post , which I had made it....

cereal killer

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone!!

My name is Chris and I'm one of the new Admins here. I'm here to support the current team in place and to help in whatever capacity is needed in the day to day. MT as a whole will not change. The forum you have all grown to love will remain the same great place you call home. We're strictly here to support the community and staff to ensure you all continue to have an excellent home here at MT. Thanks everyone, I look forward to being here!!!!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Hello everyone!!

My name is Chris and I'm one of the new Admins here. I'm here to support the current team in place and to help in whatever capacity is needed in the day to day. MT as a whole will not change. The forum you have all grown to love will remain the same great place you call home. We're strictly here to support the community and staff to ensure you all continue to have an excellent home here at MT. Thanks everyone, I look forward to being here!!!!

Welcome to MT

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!!

Welcome to MartialTalk Chris!!! Glad to have you aboard!

Latest Discussions