Martial Talk Challenge

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To our members,

We have come a long way since our birth in August. we are alomonst 300 strong and we aren't even one year old yet! I would like to challenge our members to get one new person to join our family. I feel that we can increase our numbers to 600 by April 1st. Let's see if we can step up to the challenge together!

:2xbird: :wavey: :kiss: :cheers: :) :D :asian:

Dronak

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Umm, excuse me, but isn't this a *major* crosspost? You posted this on like every art's forum on the board. Isn't this sort of thing against the board rules? I see that you're a moderator, but that shouldn't allow you to break the general board rules just because you feel like it. If anything, you should make sure you follow all of the rules to set an example for everyone else. I mean, if people who posted the same message only say three times in one forum had two of the threads closed, why should you be allowed to post the same message like 23 times to 23 different forums? Oh wait, it's in those three advertising forums at the bottom, too. Make that 26 posts to 26 forums then. For this subject, once here in the general forum should be sufficient. Everyone should be checking the general forum. Sorry, I just don't understand why this is allowed while people who did much less got warned or threads closed or whatever.

OP
Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I cleared it with Kaith first. Many of our members only stay in one topic area. I myself look mostly in Filipino, JKD & Knfe arts. This is to make sure everyone in our forum is included.

Not all of our members have thier private message or e-mail activated. This is about our whole MT family and we don't want anyone left out.

This is not me listing my seminars in every section. This is about increasing our numbers. As I stated I cleared it with Kaith first.

:asian:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dronak,
this is a 1 time thing, and was cleared ahead of time. I see your point though, and I'm looking at a tweak to take care of such anouncements in the future.

(We have an announcement feature, but it doesn't show up when you do a "view new" for some reason.)

Normally, I'd put something like this in the "Whats New" forum, however I'm also using this to test several parts of the software (including a cross post prevention mod, which didn't work)

Dronak

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Well, since you got it cleared in advance, it has to be OK. I agree that many people probably only read the forums for the style(s) they're studying or are interested in. However, everyone *should* be reading the general forum, too, because by definition that's where the general stuff goes. It would seem to me that something that's of interest to everyone should be posted here and that's it, not all over the place. If people don't read the general board for general info, well, I kind of think that's their problem then. But you got it cleared so it's obviously going to stay. Can I just say that I hope this isn't a precedent? I really don't want to see every general interest message posted 20+ times on the board just because some people may not be reading the general forum.

P.S. -- Since Kaith replied while I was typing, I just wanted to acknowledge it. If it's a one shot deal, no problem. It was just a surprise and I didn't want this to be claimed as a precedent by others who might be inclined to do something similar.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Theres a 'bug' in the announcement system thats been driving me nuts for a while. (click on any forum and it'll be pretty obvious, when you look at the who posted it bit)

Also, announcements don't let you reply, or keep track of how many folks have read it.

We're gonna clear a few of the posts out though.

I agree with you 110% though. This was a 1 time thing. There is a better way to do such announcements, we just have to get a few kinks out. :)

Latest Discussions