Martial arts subverts you’re view of reality

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow, I am an occult practitioner and I didn't even know it!

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It reminds me of a certain "Soke" that I know who is also a minister who said to not delve too deeply into Ki or it becomes witchcraft.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I want to say something witty and clever here (dozens of things are popping into my head), but I don't want to offend anyone who might be offended at random witty remarks. I will say that I don't personally believe it is the power of the devil breaking all those boards and bricks, and leave it at that. OK, I'll also say that some people are very silly. That's it. Really. Really silly.

jim

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As individuals practice these disciplines, such instructors would expect them to come into harmony with the supposed "laws" of this "spiritual" realm. That is to say, merely by practicing the disciplines, the trainee would find that his view-of-life as a whole would shift in a radical way.
Funny how that quote conjures up memories of the church lady from SNL looking down her nose out of her glasses as she meted out her admonishments.... :rofl:

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorrry I couldn't resist....
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] First, the student is instructed to follow his master or guru in an unquestioning absolute obedience.[/FONT]
OK.... I wonder what happens when the flock questions or is disobedient. :p

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So far you have stated where the power does not come from, but you have not stated where it comes from. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As the power is neither latent within us not from God, there is only one remaining possibility. When Martial Artists do perform feats which actually go beyond the outer limits of their personal human capacity, the power comes from the only remaining available source. Only the devil and the demonic spirits which follow him are able to provide "supernatural" energy to enable man to continue successfully in his normal daily routine of opposition to God.[/FONT]
Oh ****, I hope they don't report us to the inquisitor, or start suggesting that they burn us at the stake or stone us. :rofl:

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You see this is what happens when you're entire experience with martial arts is from Naruto and dragonball Z

Avoid an class which teaches breathing exercises;

Ummmm Systema teaches breathing exercises and they are pretty much Russian Orthodox......

Also from what I gather, since I have trained pretty much internal CMA styles for the last 13 years and still train Taiji as well as Qigong.... oooo and I just went a read a few Taoist books last week too.... I may just be the devil.... I am certainly at least evil.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry, but I am very critical of those comments. All I can say is.... Welcome to the neo dark-ages!
Without going to the site to investigate, I will say that you are prolly delving into eatern philosophy and that isn't a problem; however, a pastor that points this out is not screaming from the dark ages. They are just people that want you to stop and think before you or your children up and become Buddhists or something.
Sean

Nobody

Green Belt
Reaction score
I personally am a person that is not Christian, i follow the American Indian Beliefs. I be a heathen, so by the belief that Christians have i am Evil, but i just could care less what they think of me. It always seems to me that Christian are the one's going to hell just my personal opinion but they are the one's always preaching how to control minds using churches that have all the magic practices involved in there design. They seem to have been the force behind the American Indian being killed/genocide preformed on the American Indians. This just shows that the Christian do not want to join in life they want to control how you think an what you think about life or any way that is logical is bad mind set.

P.S. You don't have to believe in QI for it to work it is not a belief system. Each person tries to develop a method to feel it so they can be more healthy. The person trying to feel it is becoming more aware of the body as a whole an increasing there own ability to heal physically by being more aware of there body.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh my, oh my, oh my. Isn't the closed mind a wonderful thing. I wonder how he feels about boxing. It involves breathing and rhythm too. And what about dancing, breathing and rhythm again. Oh wait, dancing is already considered a device of the devil.

Well I practice an internal art so I am a major occult player. I may as well go out and buy a goat.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. :soapbox:

I couldn't force myself to read the whole thing; been there, done that, got the scars.

Would, tho, like to reassure Nobody that 'Christian' is a rather large term, maybe too large to fit into the pigeon hole his post circumscribes.

I personally am a person that is not Christian, i follow the American Indian Beliefs. I be a heathen, so by the belief that Christians have i am Evil, but i just could care less what they think of me. It always seems to me that Christian are the one's going to hell just my personal opinion but they are the one's always preaching how to control minds using churches that have all the magic practices involved in there design. They seem to have been the force behind the American Indian being killed/genocide preformed on the American Indians.

The terms 'they' and 'them' cut a pretty wide swath (yeah, language purists, I switched metaphors, so sue me ;)). And 'Christian' is a pretty broad rubric, including all manner of people, beliefs and practices, so fairly hard to declare what all of them believe/have done. We may be better served by not committing the same foul as one of 'them' in condemning a whole group, as 'they' do of martial artists in this article. :) JMHO. :asian:

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This article is wrong on so many different levels that it is truly breathtaking!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I personally am a person that is not Christian, i follow the American Indian Beliefs. I be a heathen, so by the belief that Christians have i am Evil, but i just could care less what they think of me. It always seems to me that Christian are the one's going to hell just my personal opinion but they are the one's always preaching how to control minds using churches that have all the magic practices involved in there design. They seem to have been the force behind the American Indian being killed/genocide preformed on the American Indians. This just shows that the Christian do not want to join in life they want to control how you think an what you think about life or any way that is logical is bad mind set.

P.S. You don't have to believe in QI for it to work it is not a belief system. Each person tries to develop a method to feel it so they can be more healthy. The person trying to feel it is becoming more aware of the body as a whole an increasing there own ability to heal physically by being more aware of there body.
I appreciate what you are saying; however, its a tad naive to believe that their isn't a whole new belief system attached to the simple concept of Chi.
Sean

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, I read through the article. My style ends in "Po"; so, I'm safe.:ultracool I will say I agree with a lot of it but I don't agree with most of it. I agree that advertising lethal techs and eye gouges is not the way to go. We call it muscling through. You should teach things that require the least effort to get the job done. I don't agree that every tech should be taught to a newbie upon asking; because, the instructor bears a responsibility not to send his students out to get themselves killed or bring harm on others.
Sean

Latest Discussions