Martial arts subverts you’re view of reality

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well recently I took one of those fun quizzes from myspace that supposedly tells you which tarot card you are! It told me I was the devil. So I guess it is my cards! :rofl:

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
In reference to the original article and on a more serious note.

I find it rather sad that someone has that much LACK of faith in their chosen religion and that much ignorance of other religions and beliefs that they feel the need to attack something like martial arts for fear it will subvert them.

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
In reference to the original article and on a more serious note.

I find it rather sad that someone has that much LACK of faith in their chosen religion and that much ignorance of other religions and beliefs that they feel the need to attack something like martial arts for fear it will subvert them.

Good point. If people are strong in their faith and beliefs, why are they so worried that they will be "corrupted" or whatever? I've never understood that. :idunno:

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have read that article before and I remember it raising my blood pressure to a catastrophic level.

As a born again, bible believing follower of Christ, I find folks like the author of that article compete and total WHACK JOBS!

A comedian once commented that parents in middle america didn't want him to perform in their little town because "he would ruin the values that they worked so hard to instill." My question is how hard could they have instilled them when they could be wiped out in a 45 minute show?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've just printed a copy of this to give to a guy at work; he will love it. (his wife is a minister) With any luck Spokane will be shone the light.:angel:
Sean

Nebuchadnezzar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sheesh what ignorance.

Does anyone disagree with me when I say that Chi/Ki, is nothing more than working with the bio-chemical and neuro chemical energy that all people have?

There's nothing mystical about it in my humble opinion. I believe that the ideas of the past were just ways of those who did this training were merely trying to explain what they were doing without the benefit of modern science.

Anyone care to advance or refine my thoughts on this?

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sheesh what ignorance.

Does anyone disagree with me when I say that Chi/Ki, is nothing more than working with the bio-chemical and neuro chemical energy that all people have?

There's nothing mystical about it in my humble opinion. I believe that the ideas of the past were just ways of those who did this training were merely trying to explain what they were doing without the benefit of modern science.

Agreed

Nebuchadnezzar said:

Nope you you hit the nail on teh head there.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sheesh what ignorance.

The training methods and philosophy behind those chemical energies are what this article is about.
Sean

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I got to the point where anything not physically possible either comes from God (if God allows it) or the devil, and couldn't take any more...

In the words of Bugs Bunny: "what a maroon!"

Nebuchadnezzar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The training methods and philosophy behind those chemical energies are what this article is about.
Sean

But the Nimrod that is being interviewed believes that we don't have these processes going on within us, and this includes All People, not just people who perform these exercises.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
But the Nimrod that is being interviewed believes that we don't have these processes going on within us, and this includes All People, not just people who perform these exercises.

Exactly, he beleives "the Devil made me do it"

hmmm you do taiji....let me see..... who possibly could have got you interested in that....hmmm... could it be SATAN!!!!!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know, I know; I'm finding it very hard to defend this guy. (but try I will) I think I would agree a lot more if he would just shut up about the "why" part.
sean

Nebuchadnezzar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Exactly, he beleives "the Devil made me do it"

hmmm you do taiji....let me see..... who possibly could have got you interested in that....hmmm... could it be SATAN!!!!!

Bite your tongue! He and I are not on speaking terms.

I objected to the brimstone and the nail clippings he would leave anywhere he was in the barracks so, he swore to be mankind's greatest enemy in retaliation.

Yes, I admit it. It's my fault he hates us. :mst: