Martial Arts in Washington State and lower B.C.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
Man...yall are lucky...there are a lot of good martial arts in WA state.

Paul Janulis said so! I'd like to know more....

If you attend or run a school in Washington State or in lower British Columbia, please post here - name, rank, school/style, city and let's discuss. I'll start....

Hi, I'm Georgia (crickets answer), 1st dan, Cascade Martial Arts Academy, Vancouver (not B.C.) WA (not D.C.) and we study Korea's elite martial art.

I'm also aware of Master Nhummy Tropp's school in Seattle called Seattle Martial Arts - she teaches Korean martial arts there and is certified by Kwang Sik Myung.

Next?

AC_Pilot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
There's a lot of variety in Seattle.. which is 60 miles of heavy traffic North of me.. but very little here in the State capitol/Olympia area.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Well I don't live in Washington anymore, but when I did I studied with or worked out with:

Sibak Doug Wilson - Port Angeles, WA -
Then the focus was mostly kajukenbo, but since he has shifted his focus to Okinawan Karate.

Sifu Ron Tapec - Puyallup, WA
kajukenbo - modified version (Tai Chi Chuan-Fa) and Doce Pares escrima

Glenn Barber - Seattle, WA
He ran the first BJJ club in Seattle which has closed since then, the last I heard he was in Cali. One of his then students; Brian Johnson, now runs the Northwest Jiujitsu club. http://www.nwjjc.com/ Very good instructor.

Sibak V. Frank Mateo - Seattle, WA-
kajukenbo

The University of Washington Judo and Goju-ryu clubs.

Ron Robles - Seattle, WA
Serrada Escrima

Chris Herrman - Seattle, WA
American Kenpo and Doce Pares Escrima, now runs Alpha Martial Arts www.alphamartialarts.com

Silkwind Kenpo - Redmond, WA
American Kenpo, a fine group of people.

Well, I think thats enough for now.... ;)

Lamont

Latest Discussions