Martial arts creates Violence? Say Yes or No

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lead time:

The time between .... ordering a product and recieving it.

Considering I have an outstanding order 24 years old, it's unlikely either of us will live long enough to take advantage of a s.o.h., forum, for the use in.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah, whatever, I would go off to the QM and draw out a sense of humour, mate, if I were you.

Spanking is only justified when it's a consensual sex act. ;)

It's why they make mink mittens.....hmmm, maybe that should be a poem.

MinkMittens.jpg

IvanTheBrick

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I really cannot believe how many people here have not only strayed from the topic, including myself, but the fact that someone having different yet effective parenting methods can trigger martial artists. To train martial arts is also to respect what others have to say and strive to improve your virtues in life, not try to drill your opinion into others through an online forum about how abusive something is without even understanding or having any experience of what I am talking about. I am very thankful for how I was raised and if you disagree with how my parents brought up their child without ever leaving a bruise or a scratch or anything serious of the sort, you can go blow it because you dishonour me and yourself.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I really cannot believe how many people here have not only strayed from the topic, including myself, but the fact that someone having different yet effective parenting methods can trigger martial artists. To train martial arts is also to respect what others have to say and strive to improve your virtues in life, not try to drill your opinion into others through an online forum about how abusive something is without even understanding or having any experience of what I am talking about. I am very thankful for how I was raised and if you disagree with how my parents brought up their child without ever leaving a bruise or a scratch or anything serious of the sort, you can go blow it because you dishonour me and yourself.
i don’t blame you for your parents slapping you as a child. I do think it’s barbaric, but it’s not the child’s fault. Now, if you’re defending it and slap your kids... yeah. That’s not okay, whether they leave physical evidence or not.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lead time:

Considering I have an outstanding order 24 years old, it's unlikely either of us will live long enough to take advantage of a s.o.h., forum, for the use in.

Well that's civvies for you. You don't go to the QMs unless they have what you need.

Sweetie, no one is 'triggered'. You aren't 'dishonoured' in the least you are having a minor tantrum.

Oh and slapping kids across the face is disgraceful, get over yourself. It obviously didn't teach you as much as you think it did other than you will go on to slap your children's faces. I do disagree with your parents and your tantrum has gone a bit of a way to prove me right. :rolleyes:

IvanTheBrick

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Well that's civvies for you. You don't go to the QMs unless they have what you need.

Sweetie, no one is 'triggered'. You aren't 'dishonoured' in the least you are having a minor tantrum.

Oh and slapping kids across the face is disgraceful, get over yourself. It obviously didn't teach you as much as you think it did other than you will go on to slap your children's faces. I do disagree with your parents and your tantrum has gone a bit of a way to prove me right. :rolleyes:
For starters. I am not planning on having kids, and "sweetie" this wasn't a tantrum. You taint what I say and believe that I am being abused. Yet I am sure you have never even heard of the difference between discipline and abuse. So "sweetie" please go learn the difference because you are making a jester of yourself. If I was being abused, I wouldn't be openly writing this on the internet; ignorance is not bliss :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For starters. I am not planning on having kids, and "sweetie" this wasn't a tantrum. You taint what I say and believe that I am being abused. Yet I am sure you have never even heard of the difference between discipline and abuse. So "sweetie" please go learn the difference because you are making a jester of yourself. If I was being abused, I wouldn't be openly writing this on the internet; ignorance is not bliss :)

You are a child, that's not an insult but a plain fact based on what you've told us your age is. You are from an Eastern European country, again another fact from your own post. You have a lot to learn, luckily you also have, potentially a long time to learn it. Striking children across the face in the way you described it is considered abuse in the civilised world. When parents who do smack their children discipline their children by smacking it's not across the face. I think they would be equally concerned as those of us who don't smack. No one condones hitting children across the face.

As for being abused, you have a lot to learn about what abuse is and the dangers of hitting someone around the head repeatedly.

I think you dived in this conversation telling us how hard hits across the face were for you normal hoping it would make you sound tough in the world of martial arts. It doesn't.

kravmaga1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Martial arts do not create violence. But martial arts teach people how to defense themselves against any violent criminal. As any type of wrong and difficult situation may come at any unexpected time, one should always be prepared for self protection. Learning martial arts makes a person strong, fit and confident.

gucia6

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
IMO it does not.

But I guess it depends on person's mentality.
My instructors philosophy is 'if you can - do not engage, if you can run, but if you have to - defend yourself'. But there probably is enough idiots that would learn martial arts and then go cause trouble.

IvanTheBrick

Orange Belt
Reaction score
You are a child, that's not an insult but a plain fact based on what you've told us your age is. You are from an Eastern European country, again another fact from your own post. You have a lot to learn, luckily you also have, potentially a long time to learn it. Striking children across the face in the way you described it is considered abuse in the civilised world. When parents who do smack their children discipline their children by smacking it's not across the face. I think they would be equally concerned as those of us who don't smack. No one condones hitting children across the face.

As for being abused, you have a lot to learn about what abuse is and the dangers of hitting someone around the head repeatedly.

I think you dived in this conversation telling us how hard hits across the face were for you normal hoping it would make you sound tough in the world of martial arts. It doesn't.
My God could you please come up with a more convincing argument than my age, "sweetie"? You really think I am attempting to sound tough even though my username is literally IvanTheBrick. Smfh. I have seen the difference between those who have and have not been disciplined. I guess you haven't but it's huge, and so is the difference between abuse and discipline. I would expect an experience martial artist such as yourself to understand where I am coming from.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My God could you please come up with a more convincing argument than my age, "sweetie"? You really think I am attempting to sound tough even though my username is literally IvanTheBrick. Smfh. I have seen the difference between those who have and have not been disciplined. I guess you haven't but it's huge, and so is the difference between abuse and discipline. I would expect an experience martial artist such as yourself to understand where I am coming from.

It's very simple, hitting children hard across the face is not disciplining them, it's abusing them.
Perhaps when you've had more experience of the world, you will realise this. I have half a century more experience than you do, have brought up children, seen and dealt with children and adults who have been abused. I've seen casualties of bombs and shootings, I've dealt with more than you can imagine, thankfully, at your age. No one ever, ever endorsed belting children hard across the face as discipline, at least no one who actually thought about what they were saying and doing.

As for your name...it means nothing to me, what's it supposed to mean to you?

Ryan_

Green Belt
Reaction score
No. None of the people I have practised with would start violence.

IvanTheBrick

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It's very simple, hitting children hard across the face is not disciplining them, it's abusing them.
Perhaps when you've had more experience of the world, you will realise this. I have half a century more experience than you do, have brought up children, seen and dealt with children and adults who have been abused. I've seen casualties of bombs and shootings, I've dealt with more than you can imagine, thankfully, at your age. No one ever, ever endorsed belting children hard across the face as discipline, at least no one who actually thought about what they were saying and doing.

As for your name...it means nothing to me, what's it supposed to mean to you?
My name is meant to be satire for pretending to be tough. Either way, I too have seen the difference between a child being abused and a child being disciplined. I live in the UK, and my therapist seemed to be fine with the way I was brought up. And no, the fact that I had a therapist did not prove anything, I went to therapy to try to stop some hyperactivity ticks.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lead time:

I can easily imagine seeing that item listed in a government inventory. Not for the FBI, mind you.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My name is meant to be satire for pretending to be tough. Either way, I too have seen the difference between a child being abused and a child being disciplined. I live in the UK, and my therapist seemed to be fine with the way I was brought up. And no, the fact that I had a therapist did not prove anything, I went to therapy to try to stop some hyperactivity ticks.

Actually if you live in the UK you would know that we use the expression as thick as a brick a lot. What does Thick as a brick mean? - Definition of Thick as a brick - Thick as a brick stands for dumb; really dull; slow witted. By AcronymsAndSlang.com
Therapists do not judge, not there job to tell you whether you've been brought up properly or not.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Actually if you live in the UK you would know that we use the expression as thick as a brick a lot. What does Thick as a brick mean? - Definition of Thick as a brick - Thick as a brick stands for dumb; really dull; slow witted. By AcronymsAndSlang.com
Therapists do not judge, not there job to tell you whether you've been brought up properly or not.

Depends where you are in the UK.

I've heard "thick as a brick" used more by those of a northern heritage, whereas the further south/southwest you go the more likely it is you'll have "thick as two short planks".

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends where you are in the UK.

I've heard "thick as a brick" used more by those of a northern heritage, whereas the further south/southwest you go the more likely it is you'll have "thick as two short planks".

I'm a Southerner trapped in the North..............................

Latest Discussions