Martial Arts Are Crap, Says The Man

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would have been the dumbest person in the world to try anything against a loaded gun with a bunch of kids around especially against a guy who wasn't looking to hurt anyone there'd have been 0 need to disarm him. The guy was dumb absolutely and deserves to be charged but he wasn't going to shoot anyone so why take the risk in disarming him and having the gun go off and potentially hit a child
I'm not sure his desire not to harm would have been entirely obvious in the moment. Someone pulls a gun and points it at you, there's a serious chance they intend to use it.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Here, that'd be "takeout", a collective noun: "I like takeout."
lol.. see and I was going to give Tez a hard time. I had it all set up in my mind "It's called carryout, learn how to speak proper English..lol" My wife is from Australia and she says takeaway. It only took me 3 years to get used to lol.

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm not sure his desire not to harm would have been entirely obvious in the moment. Someone pulls a gun and points it at you, there's a serious chance they intend to use it.

There's a difference between the desire to do harm and having the guts to actually pull the trigger. I'm sure there are a lot of cases where a person fires their weapon and afterwards says they didn't mean to pull the trigger.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
[
Or so says this guy:

BREAKING: Florida parent arrested for pointing loaded gun at teacher
    • Elliott Wenzler
    Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
    12:08 p.m Monday, Aug. 14, 2017 Palm Beach County Crime

PORT ST. LUCIE

A Port St. Lucie parent was arrested Sunday after he pointed a loaded gun at a Grace Christian Academy self-defense instructor and told him “martial arts are crap”, city police said.

“Bang, you’re dead. No way you could have got me before I pulled it out,” George Meyer, 61, reportedly said.

BREAKING: Florida parent arrested for pointing loaded gun at teacher

Kind of like saying concealed guns are crap.

If I already have a bead on you with my loaded rifle from 60 yards away, there is no way you can get your gun into a firing position before I can shoot you.

Just like we do here at MT, you can always concoct a circumstance to put down someone or something.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
There's a difference between the desire to do harm and having the guts to actually pull the trigger. I'm sure there are a lot of cases where a person fires their weapon and afterwards says they didn't mean to pull the trigger.

It's what I would say.:rolleyes:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed, though your second sentence seems to be non sequitur to your first. Still, I agree with both sentences.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[

Kind of like saying concealed guns are crap.

If I already have a bead on you with my loaded rifle from 60 yards away, there is no way you can get your gun into a firing position before I can shoot you.

Just like we do here at MT, you can always concoct a circumstance to put down someone or something.
Don't even need a gun to do that. If I walk up to a guy who's carrying, and fire off a sucker punch in the middle of a conversation, his gun is crap, right?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It would be funny if the self defence instructor knocked him out as soon as he put the gun away.

It would have been interesting if the instructor acted on the belief that the man intended to shoot, and responded to nullify and control the weapon, and in the process blew the fellow's brains out..

I would pay money to see that happen.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol.. see and I was going to give Tez a hard time. I had it all set up in my mind "It's called carryout, learn how to speak proper English..lol" My wife is from Australia and she says takeaway. It only took me 3 years to get used to lol.

:D:D:D:D:D:p:D:D:D:D:D
13925355_1155949907761627_8441626814708091056_n.jpg

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

I always find this kind of thing amusing when you consider that about 50% of modern English is made up of a ton of different languages and slightly modified just enough for us to claim it's our own language.... :D

Pretty much every nation that has invaded England throughout history has left their mark on our language.

Skullpunch

Green Belt
Reaction score
I swear Florida seems to have a surplus of village idiots.

Florida resident checking in. Can confirm.

Anytime you hear about somebody doing something completely batshit insane somewhere in America, there's an 80% chance it was in this state.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Florida resident checking in. Can confirm.

Anytime you hear about somebody doing something completely batshit insane somewhere in America, there's an 80% chance it was in this state.
And if batshit insanity is happening in Florida, there's about a 10% chance it's a member of my extended family.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
English was started by the Brits and perfected by the 'murikans. Hell, we can at least pronounce it correctly. Rs are a letter and need loving.

There's five native languages spoken in the UK, Cornish, Welsh, Scot's Gaelic, Irish Gaelic and Manx with a fair few dialects as well. And then there's this...Doric which is how my father speaks, even now he lives with us in North Yorkshire, at 90 the Doric is getting stronger not less. It was the bane of my life when we moved from London to Aberdeen as a child, I would have had an easier time if I'd moved to Europe. Scotslanguage.com - Fit Like Is't?
http://www.doricdictionary.com/all-words/

Latest Discussions