Tooth extraction into infection.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
That really sucked. So basically I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed at the same time, (bad idea) during this procedure they broke a tooth next to one of them...

A risk I have to accept will happen, they however refused to cover the expenses of fixing said tooth which now needed a root canal. Keep in mind before they broke said tooth was perfectly fine.

Year later that tooth breaks down more and more because well, I can't afford the root canal to fix it. The pain becomes unbearable as the root pulp and nerves are exposed now. I go to another dentist and they say well you need a root canal so that'll be 1200 dollars.

I literally laughed. Saying "Could I have some privacy for a moment while I pull that money out of my ***?" Since the dentist has no sense of humor he just said we can extract it for no cost since your insurance provider covers that. So with no other options that is what I have done.

The procedure was very fast and simple, o felt nothing other than pressure of the tools breaking down the tooth and the pulled it out. For the past few days it hurt, then began hurting worse, I looked at the site and saw bone instead of the red flesh that was there the last day. So naturally I freak out and figure out well I'll just cover it with gauze until it clots up again.

Yeah... I began to bleed and leak some rancid fluid from said extraction site, felt hot and disoriented at times. I went back to the dentist and he said it was dry socket, that the clot had come out and now it's just bone there. So he packed it with something called eugenol which smelled strange and burned when he put it on.

After a few days of always pain I feel better now, I just have to be careful with that side. Martial arts training like this is interesting, I try to protect my jaw more and find myself getting hit just in the front of the face instead when I fail to block.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Glad you're feeling better, bro. You might want to research some home remedies, natural healing things, in case something like this ever comes up again.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks, man - glad you're doing better.

Just a thought for perspective - sometimes teeth are weak and cracked, but don't break until the tooth next to them is removed, and it may not be the fault of the dentist. I had a corner of a tooth (25% of top area) come off when the opposite tooth was being prepared for a crown. Nothing the dentist did seemed to have much chance of breaking the tooth (no hits, just grinding off the next tooth back). My current dentists (after a move - not the guy who did that one) says probably the other tooth was supporting the one that fell apart. I don't know if that was the case for you, of course.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just an FYI, Excedrin Migraine or Tylenol Migraine works really good for toothaches.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
There are many over the counter pain killers. Hopefully the ones mentioned by CB Jones will help you. Don't be afraid to try others if those don't work. Different pain killers work differently on different people.

I am glad you are getting better. I have had dry socket three times. It is not fun. I'm actually surprised the dentist didn't prescribe you a stronger pain killer for what is usually an excruciating pain.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI, Excedrin Migraine or Tylenol Migraine works really good for toothaches.
My dentist had me on a combination of naproxen sodium (Aleve) and acetaminophen (Tylenol). They relieve pain through different processes, so can be combined, and they work wonders in combination.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey man if you need a tooth extracted come down to my gym and I'll happily take it out for free :)

juliapaulson789

White Belt
Reaction score
Come down to my gym if you need a tooth pulled, and I'll gladly extract it for free :)
I want my teeth extraction. Can you please send me address of your Gym? My Upper teeth are starting pain when I eat meat in the party. I really in trouble at that time.