Martial Arts And Clothing

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I dress like an old dojo rat. Or I dress in whatever my wife says.

The poor gal doesn't understand it takes ten years to properly break in a good sweatshirt.

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
Depends on the weather. Winter time I wear tracky pants or jeans (usually stretch jeans), T-shirt and jumper or hoody.(rarely have the hood on because it restricts vision) . Summer time I wear shorts and a T-shirt or singlet Sneakers all year round. For work usually long trousers, work shirt and steel caps. I always pick clothes that do not restrict my movement. I have a back yard that is completely paved so I usually train at home with shoes on and almost always in my street clothes. At work sometimes, when there is no one around I practice here and there in my work clothes and steel caps. Sometimes kicking at a wall softly, practicing controlled strikes at random objects and some occasional hand conditioning on some hard flexible objects.

Hyoho

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Whoa...Whoa...hold on a minute...all you guys wear clothes?
You mean to tell me that this isn't the nudist martial arts discussion forum??
o_O
lol

I usually wear things that are close fitting but with flexibility. I don't like clothing that constricts me under normal circumstances, so in the terms of MA applicability it was all quite convenient.
L

Birthday suit

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being naked is a pretty good defence lol, people really don't want to grab you. Marc the ref here said he went to RNC the guy but stopped because he realised how bad it would look on video :D:D No one wanted to grab the naked guy.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
One of my LEO friends describes any encounter involving a naked person as: "naked is bad."

Ahem, work encounter. :D

Latest Discussions