CristinaLlorens
White Belt
Have a look at this article. Hope you find it interesting!
World Power Show 2016 | The leading new Show & Expo for fitness enthusiasts
World Power Show 2016 | The leading new Show & Expo for fitness enthusiasts
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Actually, I'm convinced my time cheering - competitive cheering to boot - made me a better martial artist as an adult (as I did not start as a child).
Actually, I'm convinced my time cheering - competitive cheering to boot - made me a better martial artist as an adult (as I did not start as a child).
I wrote a blog post about it here:
The Stick Chick: How Cheering Made Me a Better Martial Artist
It's not cheer per se, but rather some of the requisites for successful cheer that are directly applicable to martial arts. For instance, I always say that, in my experience, dancers tend to make good martial artists. This is because dancers tend to have an excellent sense of their body, good balance, a certain level of athleticism, a good understanding of timing and distance, the learned skill of taking instruction, and often a certain amount of being inured to pain experienced while practicing. Can other athletic pursuits provide similar benefits which are directly applicable to martial arts? Of course!Actually, I'm convinced my time cheering - competitive cheering to boot - made me a better martial artist as an adult (as I did not start as a child).
I wrote a blog post about it here:
The Stick Chick: How Cheering Made Me a Better Martial Artist
Have a look at this article. Hope you find it interesting!
Yes that's the purpose, which is why the sign up is at the bottom of the page. lolSorry, but I have to agree with the prevailing opinion that it is simply a blatant effort to get those involved in cheer to pay attention to your event. It may actually contribute to that, but has no other redeeming value.
That article made me want to put a cheerleader into a ring to eat some punches and some kicks so they can see the difference. I probably wouldn't have thought of it that way if it wasn't for that last video of the cheerleader tackling someone in the mall.
Statistically speaking, Cheer is the top leading competitive sport for teenager injuries last time I checked. They're always talking about stiffer regulation to make it safer.I take it you don't actually know how tough cheerleaders are? I'm assuming too that you are thinking of the dancers that you see at sporting games and not the rather awesome competitive cheerleaders.
Cheerleaders are very used to being kicked, kneed and punched in the face as well as the rest of their bodies, they lose teeth, have black eyes, cracked ribs, cracked vertebra, broken noses and that's just from training which is more than most martial artists can say. Stunting is inherently dangerous. It's not the cheerleaders who need to learn the difference it's the OP and the writer of the article.
My cheerleading daughter by the way has won several full contact fights, she says it's easier than Cheer.
You misunderstood my comment. I said " The article made me want to put a cheerleader into a ring to eat some punches..." This isn't what I think of cheerleader. It's like watching a movie or reading a book, both trigger some kind of mood and emotion and that's how the OP article made me feel. The second article said the same thing as the first and used the same arguments. The only difference is that the second article spoke of personal experience and didn't try to position cheerleading being the same as martial arts because they aren't. Being able to take a beating is not high on goals of Martial arts. In fact, if I'm kicked, kneed, or punched in the face in martial arts, then it means that I didn't do something right.I take it you don't actually know how tough cheerleaders are? I'm assuming too that you are thinking of the dancers that you see at sporting games and not the rather awesome competitive cheerleaders.
I'm sure easier is also referring to the lack of injuries. When you fight someone that is of equal skill or better then easy is the last thing that comes in mind.My cheerleading daughter by the way has won several full contact fights, she says it's easier than Cheer.
I'm sure easier is also referring to the lack of injuries. When you fight someone that is of equal skill or better then easy is the last thing that comes in mind.
This is what makes them good at cheerleading and it's exactly the same thing that makes any good at what they do. "The hard work that we put into it."you'll see the hard work they put into it
The lack of injuries in MA compared to Cheerleading. I get injured in MA but not to the extent that cheerleaders get injured. Like I don't have to worry about falling on my head. There's nothing about my training in which that scenario will ever happen. While I'm not falling on my head, my training isn't "easy" or "comfortable."I'm not sure what you mean though by lack of injuries?
The lack of injuries in MA compared to Cheerleading. I get injured in MA but not to the extent that cheerleaders get injured. Like I don't have to worry about falling on my head. There's nothing about my training in which that scenario will ever happen. While I'm not falling on my head, my training isn't "easy" or "comfortable."
But that all depends on how hard the training is at the MA school. I know not all martial arts schools have tough training and conditioning so I was assuming that your daughter's MA school has the tough training and conditioning.