Martial Art Laws

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Funny stuff! I wonder how the laws are actually written--if they really mention the martial arts or if they apply to exercising and would be interpreted to include the martial arts.

OP
S

sweeper

yeah I don't think some of those laws are writen exactly like that, I mean a horse practicing karate?

OP
T

tonbo

Hey, wouldn't these be considered discrimination?

Am I going to be forced to wear my gi around, to identify myself as a martial artist, or just wear the scarlet "MA" on my chest?

Heh....yeah. Weird laws.

And how exactly do they define an "ugly horse"? Isn't beauty in the eye of the beholder?

What if I consider myself a martial artist, but my sensei disagrees? What if I only copy the moves I see on my son's Power Ranger's videos? Am I a martial artist then?

Oh, man.....interpretations....;)

Yeah, I know.....all in fun and all that.....but it's *always* fun until someone's eye gets poked out......

:D

Peace--

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Foxboro, Massachusetts No martial artist can be seen going through his moves while his shoelaces are untied.

Good thing I pratice with shoes ;-)

Great list!

/Yari

OP
F

fist of fury

Originally posted by tonbo

Yeah, I know.....all in fun and all that.....but it's *always* fun until someone's eye gets poked out......
Peace--
But that is funny.

OP
T

tonbo

......long as it's not YOUR eye that gets poked out, I guess....:eek:

Otherwise, yeah. It's a great laugh. :rofl:

Peace--

OP
F

FLY

:D

Peace--

Then it's a sport :rofl:

:asian:

OP
K

kickyou

Those laws are just too funny..Are you sure they are real? If they are what a waste of our taxes.

OP
T

tonbo

.....to yell "THEATER!!!" in a crowded fire in Austin, TX.

Just thought that might be interesting to some......

:confused:

Peace--

OP
K

Kirk

To harpoon a whale, in OKLAHOMA! :confused:

In Dallas, one may only cross an intersection after first firing your
rifle in the air.

In North Carolina, you may only drive your car if you don't scare
horses with it.

OP
T

tonbo

In Dallas, one may only cross an intersection after first firing your rifle in the air

I think I saw something on this once. I think this law came about because, in the early days of automobiles, they wanted to make sure that no one got into wrecks at intersections. You had to stop at the intersection, look all directions, honk your horn a couple of times, and shoot either a rifle or a shotgun up into the air in the directions of the "crossing" road (once to the left, once to the right) before proceeding. The theory was that all that racket ought to let anyone else know that you were there.

Good thing that law is still on the books, huh?

:confused:

Peace--

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

and shoot either a rifle or a shotgun up into the air in the directions of the "crossing" road (once to the left, once to the right) before proceeding. The theory was that all that racket ought to let anyone else know that you were there.

Peace--

Drive by shooting isn't that new then... :rofl:

/Yari

Latest Discussions