Makiwara

gmunoz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
This thread isn't about BOB, but I do own one and it works for me really well. The arms and legs idea would be great I must say!

OP
Don Roley

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shogun said:
BOB is an awesome bag. I can see how people swear by them as bags. Not good for striking very hard though.

On a mailing list I am on, a few people pointed out that the BOBs they see on display seem to have their faces falling off. The general opinion seems to mirror yours that they can not take much abuse.

Of course, if you were to take a sturdy dummy's head and mount it on a wing chung set, attaching makiwara like the one I like to it..........

Kizaru

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
On a mailing list I am on, a few people pointed out that the BOBs they see on display seem to have their faces falling off. The general opinion seems to mirror yours that they can not take much abuse.
What about "NINGEN MAKIWARA"? I've been using one on Sunday mornings regularly for the past few months, it's kind of cheap and nasty but the face hasn't fallen off yet....

A

AaronLucia

I just use my trees. :p Although i can only hit 'em about 10 times before i have to stop. :p

OP
Don Roley

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shogun said:
Me not sure what that looks like. do you have pictures?

"Ningen" means "human" in Japanese which means the demon monkey (Kizaru) is one of those sadistic nut cases that compensate for a lack of manhood by beating on poor, unsuspecting training partners instead of hitting targets that don't have to explain to co-workers the next day why the have bruises in stange places.

A

AnimEdge

I been meaning a Makiwara but no place around here seams to have them so i have to stick witht he standing bag i took from the gym i go to >:p untill i get one :p do you just stick um to a wall or what?

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
there are many varieties of makiwara...some are mounted to a wall...others free hang...can be hand-held...and some are dug into the ground

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
"Ningen" means "human" in Japanese which means the demon monkey (Kizaru) is one of those sadistic nut cases that compensate for a lack of manhood by beating on poor, unsuspecting training partners instead of hitting targets that don't have to explain to co-workers the next day why the have bruises in stange places.
Thanks Don. If I would of thought about it, I probably would of got it. its kinda like a joke right? Ha.

Kizaru

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
...which means the demon monkey (Kizaru) is one of those sadistic nut cases that compensate for a lack of manhood by beating on poor, unsuspecting training partners instead of hitting targets that don't have to explain to co-workers the next day why the have bruises in stange places.
:tantrum: :sadsong:

and...

:fart: PE!

Man, this is cooler than Kanji!
icon10.gif