Magazines?

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
TKD Times is a magazine that I really want to like, but am disappointed by often.
I couldn't have said it better myself!

I don't subscribe to anything anymore, but will pick up Insdie Kung Fu, Blackbelt and TKD Times if there is an interesting article.

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't have any subscriptions, but I occasionally pick up an issue of Black Belt at the bookstore.

Robyn :)

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
British mags are good. "Combat" and "Martial Arts Illustrated" both cover all martial arts very well. "Fighters Only" is the best for MMA. I occasionally buy Trad Karate and I believe they have a sister mag for TKD which I imagine will be of the same high standard.
Fighters Only magazine

This is what I've heard. I think there's a lot to be said for the British take on MAs overall. The magazines have a very good reputation, for sure...

Tez3 said:
http://www.martialartsinprint.com/
Combat, Trad Karate and TKd magazines

http://www.martialartsinprint.com/

Martial Arts Illustrated.

I'm 99% certain I'm going to switch my TKDT subscription to both Trad Karate and TKD.

Thanks for the good info, Tez!

TraditionalTKD

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Journal of Asian Martial Arts is like the Wall Street Journal-undoubtably well written, but a bit dry and cerebral for my tastes.
Also, it seldom contains interesting Tae Kwon Do articles. Most of the articles are concerned with Japanese and Chinese arts.

TraditionalTKD

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Journal of Asian Martial Arts is like the Wall Street Journal-well written, but a bit dry and cerebral for my tastes.
Also, it doesn't usually have any interesting articles about Tae Kwon Do, focusing instead on Japanese and Chinese arts.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Journal of Asian Martial Arts is like the Wall Street Journal-well written, but a bit dry and cerebral for my tastes.
Also, it doesn't usually have any interesting articles about Tae Kwon Do, focusing instead on Japanese and Chinese arts.

I've come across a number of [/I]very[/I] good articles on the historical dimensions of TKD, and Koream MAs in general in JAMA—carefully researched and well-documented. One thing about JAMA: you can be sure their content isn't based on who's taken out full-page ads in the journal! :wink1:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We get Fighters Only, our instructor writes for it and the editor Hywel Teague is a friend so we get copies for free! LOL!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I subscribe to BlackBelt and will occasionally pick up Inside Kung-Fu if something on the cover catches my eye...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Journal of Asian Martial Arts is like the Wall Street Journal-undoubtably well written, but a bit dry and cerebral for my tastes.
Also, it seldom contains interesting Tae Kwon Do articles. Most of the articles are concerned with Japanese and Chinese arts.

OK OK you made you point no need to post it twice :)

Most of the articles are concerned with Japanese and Chinese arts.

I train CMA exclusively and I am very intersted in CMA and JMA history and this is why I buy it.

woot

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
there used to be 2 really good magazines I bought that just seemed to disapear. They were MA Training, the other was Martial Art.

Latest Discussions