Looking to train in Asia

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm going on a trip in December to train in martial arts around Asia. I'll be staying a month in Thailand to train at a Muay Thai camp and then after that I wanted to go to Hong Kong, Japan and Korea maybe staying one to 2 weeks in all those places. I'm looking for information on schools I can train at while i'm at the various countries. Can be any martial art really but my main background is Muay Thai and Tae Kwon Do. I'll train at any school regardless of style or affiliation. Thanks in advance for any info anyone can share with me!

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

OP
Damian Mavis

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
For Thailand I'll be following a couple of friends around from the Thai boxing club I train at because they know were to go. One week will be spent training at a Fair Tex camp outside of Bangkok, another week will be at a Muay Thai camp on a small Island and I'm not really sure aobut the rest of the time...I should probably ask them exactly what the plan is!

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

J

J-kid

Sounds Fun. My friend like you is plans on going away to train in china , I plan going to brazil to train on wrestling/judo etc some time after he leaves. have a good time, Dos anyone know any camps where they train wrestling or shootbox fighting in brazil . Thanks.

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Damian Mavis

I'm going on a trip in December to train in martial arts around Asia. I'll be staying a month in Thailand to train at a Muay Thai camp ......

Not sure this will be of any help to you.

http://sfuk.tripod.com/sfukguide/thai_guide.html

(LOL don't ask me how I came across this. I was actually looking for some info on the British SAS. And this site popped up. )

OP
Damian Mavis

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks! At the least it is interesting reading. I'll go through it all later in more depth.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Latest Discussions