Need some places to train in Asia

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm going on a trip in December to train in martial arts around Asia. I'll be staying a month in Thailand to train at a Muay Thai camp and then after that I wanted to go to Hong Kong, Japan and Korea maybe staying one to 2 weeks in all those places. I'm looking for information on schools I can train at while i'm at the various countries. Can be any martial art really but my main background is Muay Thai and Tae Kwon Do. I'll train at any school regardless of style or affiliation. Thanks in advance for any info anyone can share with me!

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Damian Mavis

I'm going on a trip in December to train in martial arts around Asia. I'll be staying a month in Thailand to train at a Muay Thai camp and then after that I wanted to go to Hong Kong, Japan and Korea maybe staying one to 2 weeks in all those places. I'm looking for information on schools I can train at while i'm at the various countries. Can be any martial art really but my main background is Muay Thai and Tae Kwon Do. I'll train at any school regardless of style or affiliation. Thanks in advance for any info anyone can share with me!

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

You could maybe contact nbcdecon on this board and see about training in Modern Arnis and other things with him...

RyuShiKan teaches RyuTe Karate (under Taika Oyata) here, and maybe he would entertain a "budo tourist" for a while...

Try posting on E-budo, I am sure there are lots of folks here in the Tokyo area that would volunteer to help you out...

Latest Discussions