Looking for WC/WT or Sparring Partners in Western Washington (Grays Harbor)

jeff_hasbrouck

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey ya'll. I've been practicing Wing Tsun for 9 years (Leung Ting System). I obtained my instructor degree under my first Sifu (William Parker) and after some internal political conflicts, decided that the IWTA was not the place for me. Many of my friends went off to practice with other systems, and while they are all still in the south or the east, I'm really the only guy on the west coast, and furthermore, the only guy in Washington.

I've also done wrestling for quite some time, so I'm well versed in ground work.

If any of this sounds interesting let me know.

I don't mind if you have any knowledge of WT, I'll be happy to pass on some info or swap techniques ;)

All the best,

Jeff

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey ya'll. I've been practicing Wing Tsun for 9 years (Leung Ting System). I obtained my instructor degree under my first Sifu (William Parker) and after some internal political conflicts, decided that the IWTA was not the place for me. Many of my friends went off to practice with other systems, and while they are all still in the south or the east, I'm really the only guy on the west coast, and furthermore, the only guy in Washington.

I've also done wrestling for quite some time, so I'm well versed in ground work.

If any of this sounds interesting let me know.

I don't mind if you have any knowledge of WT, I'll be happy to pass on some info or swap techniques ;)

All the best,

Jeff

Jeff, welcome to the forum! In my opinion WT and wrestling make a great combination, ...although don't try telling that to LT and the IWTA guys. At least that's how I felt till I majorly messed up some disks in my back last Spring. I guess I should accept that I'm not 18 (or even 48) anymore and settle down to just doing chi-sau and some light nuk-sau/kuo-sau.

Sorry I don't know any WT guys out your way. Besides, once you part ways with that group, a lot of times they won't even talk to you. At least not publicly. I still have a few buddies from both the IWTA and EBMAS, but we don't mention names. I'm with an offshoot that uses the old "VT" spelling, but we were all students of LT in the WT system for many years. The nice thing about this forum is that we don't get into politics. Everyone's welcome. Everyone has a voice. :)

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm up in Seattle, but occasionally get down to visit my dad in Aberdeen, and always willing to play with new people. Not a WC/WT/VT etc. guy myself (bagua, taiji these days), but love to exchange hands with others. Keep in touch and I let you know when I'm down your way. I can also recommend a number of WC instructors in the Seattle area if you're interested in connecting with anybody new.

OP
jeff_hasbrouck

jeff_hasbrouck

Green Belt
Reaction score
Jeff, welcome to the forum! In my opinion WT and wrestling make a great combination, ...although don't try telling that to LT and the IWTA guys. At least that's how I felt till I majorly messed up some disks in my back last Spring. I guess I should accept that I'm not 18 (or even 48) anymore and settle down to just doing chi-sau and some light nuk-sau/kuo-sau.

Sorry I don't know any WT guys out your way. Besides, once you part ways with that group, a lot of times they won't even talk to you. At least not publicly. I still have a few buddies from both the IWTA and EBMAS, but we don't mention names. I'm with an offshoot that uses the old "VT" spelling, but we were all students of LT in the WT system for many years. The nice thing about this forum is that we don't get into politics. Everyone's welcome. Everyone has a voice. :)

Ya I have alot of friends that are former IWTA. My Dai-Si-Hing (Glenn Tillman) and Si-Dai (Ramfis De Pena) run Alamo City Wing Tsun in San Antonio, Texas, and if I move back south, I'll just join up with them, but as I'm out here I figured I would make the best of it. I've touched hands with WT/WC/VC/VT guys all over the states. I just like having people to roll with. I'm always down for lat-sau/chi-sau. I usually have 1 or 2 people I teach so as to keep up my skills. But I just recently relocated to Washington so I haven't had a chance to recruit anyone yet.

And ya its kinda funny how the IWTA doesn't recognize us anymore. I'm still on sawingtsun.com in a demonstration photo lol. But oh well. They can have their politics and infighting. I'm just in it for the spreading and progression of the art ;).

All the best,

Jeff (Sifu Panda)