Looking for school in Denver,CO

lisawri

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
i am new to martial talk and i am seeking guidance.

let me give you a little of my history before i ask my question, bear with me. :)
i used to study kung fu at jung's school of old martial arts (in Colorado) many years ago. i then moved to NYC where i studied Shaolin Kung Fu with Shi Yang Ming for 4 years. i have been back in denver for a few years, but have not been training at a school.

i am very ready to begin training again. i spent a few months at the Wah Lum school in Lonetree when i first moved back. i enjoyed it, but it is much to far away for me to attend regularly. i am open to studying an art other than Kung Fu. i am looking for a traditional, no nonsense school in the Denver area. i was thinking something along the lines of Jeet Kune Do, Ninjistu, or a Kung Fu school. can anyone recommend a school that they have had experience with?

thank you ahead of time for your help.
and happy new year!
-lisa

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
First off welcome to Martial Talk this is a great site. We have a few members here on MT that have schools in the Denver area, one neing Kacey and DArnold they teach traditional TKD and you should look them up very talented people. Best of luck in your journey.

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
You beat me to it. Kacey is the first person I would look up and she posts here all of the time.
Still, if you want jkd or ninjutsu, I don't think Kacey would be the one. Still, send her a line.

AoG

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, Lisa. You already have the advice I was going to suggest.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome. Too bad I know of none schools in the Denver area but I would certainly go with the members that are recommended above.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Not exactly close by but I have a couple of friends who run schools in Arvada.

The first is run by Mark Baier Americas Best he's a first class instructor.

The second is Impact Karate run by Charles Monteen with Joe Cooper as the head instructor. I taught there for a number of years and it's a great school.

I've never been to it but there's also http://pma run by Stewart Lauper.

Latest Discussions