Looking for Punch Defense, Grab Defense, Palama Sets/Katas You Tube Links

jurat13

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I would like to look at some youtube links on the Punch Defenses (1-3a), Grab Defenses (1-4), and Palama/Katas (1-4). I think I got those right. In other words what I need to learn to advance to the next level.

If anyone knows of any good videos, I would appreciate if you would share the links with me. I would like to practice what I am learning in class. My Sifus recommended looking at some links to practice while at home.

Thank you,

Walter

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to look at some youtube links on the Punch Defenses (1-3a), Grab Defenses (1-4), and Palama/Katas (1-4). I think I got those right. In other words what I need to learn to advance to the next level.

If anyone knows of any good videos, I would appreciate if you would share the links with me. I would like to practice what I am learning in class. My Sifus recommended looking at some links to practice while at home.

Thank you,

Walter

I started this thread in the Kaju section, for various video clips.
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39678

You could also check out youtube.

OP
J

jurat13

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Walter:

No offense to Sifu Cruz. His demonstration of the techniques on his video clips is done very well, and with excellent explanations. But I think when one is trying to explain a technique on video, it is best done on an opponent. That way the viewer gets to see what happens to the opponent with each move you execute. You see how his body is supposed to react to certain strikes, locks, maneuvers, etc.
When the technique is demonstrated in the air, the viewer has to try and imagine how the attacker is reacting.
I don't know what branch/method of Kajukenbo you are training in. There are minor to sometimes major differences in the techniques done in each branch/method.
The best advice I would have for you is to video one of your instructors or senior students doing the techniques you practice in your school. Have them do the technique slow while explaining what they're doing. And then have them do the technique full speed, so you see how the technique is supposed to work for real.

OP
J

jurat13

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you Sifu Bishop.

My head instructor Sifu Cruz is from the Ramos Method lineage. And my other Sifu Larry Amante was a student of George Iversen.

Regards,

Walter

Latest Discussions