looking for joint locks books

xmd76

White Belt
Reaction score
hello everybody

can someone advice me some good books about joint locks with illustrations about mechanic and movements ?

thanks

xmd

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Please, check this author: Roland Habersetzer. (The only I know)
I saw the Self-defense pratique (practical self-defence) and it corresponds to what you're searching. He have a lot of books edited, but maybe it is not easy to find their books in english...

Why books instead of DVDs? A lot of Qinna / Chin Na or jujitsu DVDs...

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would also do some YouTube searches. Nothing beats live performance. Much better than pictures. But yes I love my books.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Chin_na_book.jpg

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Two hour Dvd on how to apply Aikido wristlocks while doing BJJ.

512zqoAm-sL.jpg

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Last edited:

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Other good books I own on Chin Na:

Analysis of Shaolin Chin Na: Instructors Manual for All Martial Styles
by Yang Jwing-Ming

510JO4en84L._SX381_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Comprehensive Applications of Shaolin Chin Na: The Practical Defense of Chinese Seizing Arts for All Styles (Qin Na : the Practical Defense of Chinese Seizing Arts for All Martial Arts Styles)
by Yang Jwing-Ming

But if you are going to own a book by Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming... get this one. I know.. the Pepto-bismol color sucks... but its very good on combat application of the locks.

51eL-lPrcCL._SX342_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Chin Na in Ground Fighting: Principles, Theory and Submission Holds for All Martial Styles
by Al Arsenault
51CUA7GX7lL._SX383_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Shaolin Chin Na Fa: Art of Seizing and Grappling.
Instructor's Manual for Police Academy of Zhejiang Province (Shanghai, 1936) (updated for publication in 2008)

by Liu Jin Sheng and Andrew Timofeevich
61-tS6VmTPL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Please, check this author: Roland Habersetzer. (The only I know)
I saw the Self-defense pratique (practical self-defence) and it corresponds to what you're searching. He have a lot of books edited, but maybe it is not easy to find their books in english...

Why books instead of DVDs? A lot of Qinna / Chin Na or jujitsu DVDs...

Shihan Roland Habersetzer, has written almost 80 books on martial arts. It is tragic so few are in English, and that my French is horrible.
My exposure to Roland was by a friend who lived in France for a long while, and was a serious Gōgen Yamaguchi follower by way of Master Tsuneyoshi Ogura, (who by the way. promoted RH to 9th Dan.)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I guess I will be buying this. I like the pitch... learn to apply under stress conditions, without having to search your mental Rolodex of techniques.
Rory teaches a principle based approach. Rather than learning 8 different joint locks, it's "this is a hinge joint; you lock a hinge joint by..." It's learned easily.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Just something that I found that might be useful: You can get the "joint lock by rory miller" app in both Android and iOS versions. Each chapter of the DVD is provided in a separate video and you can unlock all of them for 10 bucks.....much cheaper than the actual DVD for 30.

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Just something that I found that might be useful: You can get the "joint lock by rory miller" app in both Android and iOS versions. Each chapter of the DVD is provided in a separate video and you can unlock all of them for 10 bucks.....much cheaper than the actual DVD for 30.

Sold! American~~10 dollars!

Latest Discussions