Looking for info on Kenpo schools in Orlando

JJ_Farmer

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm wanting to get back into martials arts and was lookng into kenpo. I found 2 kenpo schools in my area when I went on Google but could not find any info on the instructors except on their websites. Just curious if anyone has heard of them and if thier school would be worth checking out. Here are the two kenpo schools that I found on Google:

1. Jeff Speakman’s Kenpo Karate (Orlando)
Insturctor: Tom Summerville.

2. Champion Karate (Lake Mary)
Instructor: Mr. Friedman (This is all they had on the site)

Karatedrifter7

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I disagree, I would go with Champion Karate. It looks like they are affiliated with CKF the Chinese Karate Federation, and thats all over Florida + they have many resources. Speakman is good, but its specialized. Champion Karate looks more plugged in to the area.

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Having more schools makes someone better? ATA Taekwondo has the most schools in Florida and they produce 6 year old black belts. So are they better?

Ultimately I would shop around, Orlando has some great talent in many types of arts. Don't just settle for kenpo, look around at everything.

Karatedrifter7

Purple Belt
Reaction score
From what I know about the CKF it seems like its solid. Its a federation not just a school. Are you saying that its no good? Hey if your gonna put words in mouth fistlaw.. I'll do the same.

Karatedrifter7

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Here's something else, from the directory right here, on MA talk.

Sean P. Kelley
Kelley Karate Center, Inc.
6077 Lake Worth Road
Greenacres, FL 33463

1-800-226-7352

Chinese Karate Federation (CKF)
Kenpo
Florida, United States

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't trying to sound negative about your choice KD7. You know more than I do about the CKF, so thanks for the input. I was just stating that big schools and feds are not always better. Sometimes those little dungeons are just right. I have been around both and prefer the pit over the palace.

Latest Discussions