EPAK schools in SoCal

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I NEVER recruit. Which reminds me to chastise some for putting the school city location out there. We are not publicly listed for a reason.

However you can come Carol if you like. :)

OK...hint got; upcoming whippin to be accepted without resistance. With a caveat: Like any body could find the friggin batcave if they tried? Not only unlisted, but even with the address in hand...even having been there before...so friggin hard to find, and too easy to drive right past (do you know how many U-turns I've had to make?)...I'm just saying; without giving specific GPS coordinates to someone with a gizmo to read them, we're talking a needle in a haystack; Knowing there's a needle and knowing there's a haystack doesn't make it an easier search.

Dave

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OK...hint got; upcoming whippin to be accepted without resistance. With a caveat: Like any body could find the friggin batcave if they tried? Not only unlisted, but even with the address in hand...even having been there before...so friggin hard to find, and too easy to drive right past (do you know how many U-turns I've had to make?)...I'm just saying; without giving specific GPS coordinates to someone with a gizmo to read them, we're talking a needle in a haystack; Knowing there's a needle and knowing there's a haystack doesn't make it an easier search.

Dave

There is no spoon.

:whip1:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
However you can come Carol if you like. :)

Definitely :) Once the weather gets colder up here I'll be able to take the time off to head out. It will be good to get out of New England for a bit.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
There is no spoon.

:whip1:

You found it didn't you? Everyone that needs to does. Those that don't, don't belong. What do you want, a sign or something? Next thing you know there'll be a bunch of kids, and whiny teens, and a bunch of old ladies trying to do Tai Bo. Naw, its fine the way it is.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You found it didn't you? Everyone that needs to does. Those that don't, don't belong. What do you want, a sign or something? Next thing you know there'll be a bunch of kids, and whiny teens, and a bunch of old ladies trying to do Tai Bo. Naw, its fine the way it is.

*nods* Already got directions from the Enterprise counter at LAX mapped out. :)

You're in my (post-car wreck) Blackberry (with the new number).

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Only cuz we like you, D. ;)

IWishToLearn

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

Dave

Dude! Seriously! I'm glad I'm not the only one who's played the "DAM missed the fricken turn again....*sigh* drive 2 blocks make U turn, rinse & repeat" Game.

Maybe I should just roll down the windows & drive down the street listening for "WHACK!" "SMACK!" and "Ow." At least then I'm guaranteed to find Bode. :)

BudoTiger

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If I were in SoCal and were looking for a school, I would take a trip to Pasadena to see Larry Tatum. If someone didn't want to train with Tatum, Rick Jeffcoat is a great 7th degree black belt who studied for years under Tatum. He is actually in Pasadena, as well, about 2 miles from Tatum's school. I can't think of anyone else to train with.

one of mr tatums students teaches at a school in rancho cucamonga that also teaches tkd/hapkido. you can take one or the other or cross train in both.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm not sure. I think it was a German Shepherd, but I can't recall the name.

Respects,
Bill Parsons
Triangle Kenpo Institute

Yep! Confirmed, you're old. Chick Lambert was the spoksman for Brand Motors Ford City, and he had a German Shepard named, "Storm." Cal Worthington started his "My dog named spot" campaign to counter the enormous popularity and success of Chick Lambert, we he began to expand with late night TV commercials. Yep. You're old dude. :)

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yep! Confirmed, you're old. Chick Lambert was the spoksman for Brand Motors Ford City, and he had a German Shepard named, "Storm." Cal Worthington started his "My dog named spot" campaign to counter the enormous popularity and success of Chick Lambert, we he began to expand with late night TV commercials. Yep. You're old dude. :)
Cal was the best!

Last edited by a moderator:

Basil07

White Belt
Reaction score
If you don't mind making the trip from the Valley once or twice a week, Bryan Hawkins' place is in the Westside. I know it would mean that you have to... go to the Westside... but depending on where you are, it could still be closer than Pasadena.