Looking for Fight Coordinator in L.A./SFV

DevonGage

White Belt
Reaction score
(This thread in TKD has been started at the suggestion of a board member up in the meet/greet area.)

Sorry to just jump in, but I am on a tight deadline. I did read around through some of the threads and this looks like a great group of people.

I am currently directing a 10 minute short film that is being released as publicity for the feature film that it is based on. It is an action/drama and features one kickbutt fight scene and a couple other action segments. Our shoot schedule is 5 shoot days before our deadline of June 22. We have a month to get this in the can.

I have a background in Tae Kwon Do, Tang Soo Do, Krava Maga and Haganah. I am currently handling the initial fight training, but gotten to a point where my lack of flexibility and being out of practice is keeping me from getting my lead actor ready for the shoot. That combined with the fact that I have so much else on my plate, I dont have the time to struggle through this myself.

The short film is an ultra low budget film and everyone involved is participating for the exposure. I'm looking for an LA or San Fernando Valley (preferrable) instructor or advanced Black Belt that is interested in film fight coordinating and would do it simply for the fun of it. I would prefer a Tae Kwon Do fighter, but any style would be fine. The style for the film is very STREET - drawing most from Krav Maga and Kali but with some high kicks and spin kicks mixed in. It would also be preferrable that the fight coordinator have access to mat time.

Sorry for barging in and asking so much, but for the right person that has long thought that this might be a fun business to get into, this may be a good place to try your hand at it and see if you like it. Training an actor with no experience to look like they do in just a couple months time - or less - is an interesting challenge, but one that is very rewarding.

Please respond either here, or my email is is my profile.

Thanks so much.

-Brian R.

joblo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have a friend in LA who is a 3rd dan black belt in TKD , amazing skills and is an actor. Give me your contact info and I'll see if we can put you guys together.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
(This thread in TKD has been started at the suggestion of a board member up in the meet/greet area.)

Sorry to just jump in, but I am on a tight deadline. I did read around through some of the threads and this looks like a great group of people.

I am currently directing a 10 minute short film that is being released as publicity for the feature film that it is based on. It is an action/drama and features one kickbutt fight scene and a couple other action segments. Our shoot schedule is 5 shoot days before our deadline of June 22. We have a month to get this in the can....
-Brian R.

Contact Matt Mullins [email protected]. Or you can go to www.sideswipepro.com. He is experienced in fight coreography and has people who can help.

OP
DevonGage

DevonGage

White Belt
Reaction score
Fantastic! Thanks for the suggestions. Messages sent to the various leads.

-Brian

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Not sure if they would do it on a low budget, but it wouldn't hurt to ask these guys, in North Hollywood

http://www.xmahq.com/newsite2/

Hope that helps

That's Mike Chat's place, one of my instructor's students. He will most likely lead you to Matt Mullins, the suggestion I placed earlier. Be sure to the let Matt know that you got the lead from Jeremy. It won't get you a discount, but it is likely he won't beat me up as bad at my upcoming black belt test for Shorei-ryu.ha.ha.ha

Latest Discussions