Nominate the movies that represent your art

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not so much that it's "my style" but very close to what it looks like when being applied would be Jet Li's "Unleashed" it is a very close in style that uses multiple strikes and just wants to get the job done.

On the other hand, I can think of other movies that represent the "philosophical" side of my art as well.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
The One with Jet Li represents Bagua and Hsing yi

Have to agree. Bagua and Xingyi don't get much of a run, and in a scifi action flick, excellent!

In the movie I mentioned above (Yes, it IS "Young Master" not one of the Drunken Master movies — much thanks!), Hwang In Shik (or Whang Ing-Sik) demonstrates some of the best kicking EVER recorded on film, IMO, as well as some awesome jointlocking.

Kudos to Jackie, as well, on his breakfalls on earth (nobody can ham up "getting beat up" like Jackie ;)). From what I hear, they worked that scene so long that it started as grass and ended up as the bare patch seen in the final fight.

So just to make it crystal clear: I'm not saying Hwang is a better grandmaster or more important than Bong Soo Han to hapkido or contributed more, or whatever.

Interesting that you mention Young Master, because I would put forward the final fight as an excellent example of Qinna, but there you go. did you know that Chan encouraged Hwang to come out of retirement to make that film?

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Aikido - Above the Law

FMA - Bourne series, The Hunted (agree)

Kenpo (EPAK) - Perfect Weapon (agree)

TKD - Aikido - Above the Law (agree)

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Anyone know any good movies for:

Tang Soo Do (Chuck Norris movies)?