Liberals and black face comedy...what gives?

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
First it was Tom Hanks who appeared with a guy in black face, before that it was Ted Danson and now it is the liberal show 30 Rock, that is using black face comedy. Excuse me, but I thought this was the worst sort of racist humor out there. Am I wrong? Why do liberals keep going back to this type of racist comedy and more to the point, why don't they suffer more for there overt racism? Here is the story...it looks like there is a video linked in the article...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/04/27/30-Rock-Makes-Blackface-Okay-Again

I've been waiting all day to see how the racially-obsessed members of Obama's Media Palace Guard would react to last night's basement-rated "30 Rock," which broadcast a live episode that included a skit where "Mad Men" star Jon Hamm showed up in an afro wig and blackface playing a Stepin Fetchit-type character.

Much to my non-surprise, the very same media that has turned "food stamps," "basketball," and any effective criticism of Obama's failures into racism, seem to be just fine with what we've been led to believe for decades is one of the worst kinds of stereotypes out there.
And I say to my "non-surprise," because liberals get away with doing racist things because they're, uhm, not racist.
Or something like that.
Bottom line: even though nobody watches "30 Rock," the media has still made it a trendsetter. So guess what, America ... blackface is funny again!
The liberals said so. (Or, maybe it was Tom Hanks.)

And as a reminder, here is Tom Hanks doing a black face skit...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/03/20/Tom-Hanks-Race-Jokes-Blackface

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Isnt Ted damson also a liberal? He did black face too. Personally, it's in poor taste.

Wo Fat

Purple Belt
Reaction score
First it was Tom Hanks who appeared with a guy in black face, before that it was Ted Danson and now it is the liberal show 30 Rock, that is using black face comedy. Excuse me, but I thought this was the worst sort of racist humor out there. Am I wrong? Why do liberals keep going back to this type of racist comedy and more to the point, why don't they suffer more for there overt racism? Here is the story...it looks like there is a video linked in the article...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/04/27/30-Rock-Makes-Blackface-Okay-Again

And as a reminder, here is Tom Hanks doing a black face skit...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/03/20/Tom-Hanks-Race-Jokes-Blackface

What, exactly, is your complaint? Are you offended about blackface comedy?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:chuckles: Calm down, Bill. Your prejudice doesn't half lead you up some strange paths ... and haven't you tried to whip up outrage on this one before?

This http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_and_White_Minstrel_Show was much 'worse' than any political comedy. Of course, for quite a while no one thought there was anything bad about it - it was just a variety show with huge viewing figures after all. These days it would never be made as, even if our black citizens weren't offended by it, there are plenty who would take offence on their behalf and kick up a self-righteous fuss.

You can tell I have little truck with such fake "Disgusted of Hemel Hempstead" behaviour. That is not to say that stereotypes are not harmful or perpetuate racial myths but a sense of relative proportion needs to be maintained.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sarah Silverman did it as well. Although I don't have any inkling to her politics. I just remember the black-face episode of her show.

Oh and they did it on an episode of "Mad Men" also... but I think that was done in context to show how insensitive they were back then.

And of course there was that Movie Soul Man.

Oh, and what about Gene Wilder? Was it Stir Crazy he did the black face in? Or was it Silver Streak?

Oh, and Neil Diamond. Can't forget Neil Diamond.

I think, maybe, tasteless or not... it just gets done.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh, and what about Gene Wilder? Was it Stir Crazy he did the black face in? Or was it Silver Streak?

I think, maybe, tasteless or not... it just gets done.

Well, in that context 'black face' is like cross dressing...
(It was Silverstreak, BTW)

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Remember, these liberals use their positions in front of the camera to accuse other people, especially republicans and Americans in general, of being racists. Their access to the spotlight is used to promote their political party at the expense of the republicans.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When we lose context we lose our humanity.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kill your television.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
There have been several movies about black people posing as white people. A couple where black guys posed as white women. Just sayin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yes, bill. Liberals, as a group al wear black face. These few examples of people are DEFINITELY representative of the whole liberal side of politics. Liberals are the dregs of society; nothing but blackface, flag burning, and group sodomy as far as the eye can see. They also eat babies, kick puppies, and glare angrily at anyone in a uniform.

:Eyeroll:

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tom Hanks, is at the top of the liberal food chain with ties to obama, and SNL is pretty main stream liberal comedy outlet, and they do black face skits. Yes, I guess I am over estimating their silliness. Especially when they cry Racism any time they see a republican or a conservative...

Oh yeah, and Tom Hanks was the guy who smeared the vets from the pacific theater in World War 2 as racists.

And then there is this video...

And then there is this about vets...

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/05/01/State-Rep-Doesnt-Want-To-Attract-Veterans The love of vets starts at 1:20 on the video...

STATE REP DOESN'T WANT TO ATTRACT VETERANS BECAUSE THEY HAVE 'A LOT OF ISSUES'

Yes, he's a Democrat.

Last edited:

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Tom Hanks, is at the top of the liberal food chain with ties to obama, and SNL is pretty main stream liberal comedy outlet, and they do black face skits. Yes, I guess I am over estimating their silliness. Especially when they cry Racism any time they see a republican or a conservative...

Oh yeah, totally. EVERY time they see a republican or conservative. EVERY SINGLE TIME! That Tom Banks really IS running the show! Bark Obama sacrifices a goat on e a month to the Mighty Hanksness that is Tom Hank. And they don't just want abortion to be legal... They run up to pregnant women and punch them right in the stomach as hard as they can!

That, or the totality of liberal performers who HAVEN'T done black face dwarfs the number of liberal performers

Nah. Bill, you are absolutely right and most definitely not employing hyperbole. You never do that.

Last edited:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OMG Josh if I could only rep you MORE!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Saw a lib'rul with a Chinese menu in his hand, walking through the streets of SoHo in the rain...

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Remember, these liberals use their positions in front of the camera to accuse other people, especially republicans and Americans in general, of being racists. Their access to the spotlight is used to promote their political party at the expense of the republicans.

Yeah, those darn liberals. Republicans NEVER promote their party on camera at the expense of democrats or liberals! Nope. Never. Never ever ever ever ever EVER!

Just the liberals. Liberals are the evil of the earth. If there is something wrong, no matter who is in office. Their evil is just THAT potent. Studies show that liberals will be the cause of the zombie apocalypse. A vote for a liberal is a vote for zombies.

Liberals also claim to like science. You know what science was used for? The atom bomb. And we all know how well that turned out. They claim to be all about the environment. THE ENVIRONMENT?? If they wanted to protect the environment, why would they blow up Japan?!

Open your eyes, people!

Any time you see "environmentally friendly", you need to think "NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST"!! Think about it. Hydrogen fuel cells?! Bunch of little chernobyl's on wheels.

And now they have THE LARGE HARDON SUPERCOLIDER!! Now they'll have anti-matter!

The liberals will be responsible for the destruction of the entire UNIVERSE!!

Damn libs.

Latest Discussions