Lent

OP
S

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, for a while, I was just really, really, really, bored. the first two weeks SUCKED. I was like oh NO what have I DONE?!?!

I read a lot of very interesting books. And have started playing around with shurikens, they are so cool. I dont know, so much has happened that I cant even think of any of it, lol.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wish I had time to be bored... I had to leave work early on Friday to get my teeth cleaned, so I didn't finish my grading - it's gorgeous out, about 70, sunny, clear... and I'm at my computer grading math homework (computerized grade book). Aarrgh... but if I don't get it done now I'll be up all night, because I have to have it done for tomorrow, so they can do makeup work.

Henderson

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Henderson said:
I have a "Lent" question...

First off let me say that I am not a practicing Catholic. I was raised that way, but it has been a long time. I was always under the impression that the Lenten season lasted 40 days. If Lent begins on Ash Wednesday, then that is day #1. Each following Wednesday would add 7 days to the total, ie 8, 15, 22, 29, 36. Good Friday would be day 38. Easter Sunday would be day #40.

My question is this...When does Lent officially end? Many people give up something for Lent. However, the sacrifice is usually over Easter morning. That's seems to me that they've only completed 39 days. To me, Lent would end at 11:59 pm Easter Sunday night. Or does it end at dawn on Easter morning to coincide with Christ's resurrection?

My questions are in no way meant to be disrespectful to anyone's faith or sacrificies. I'm just curious.

Nevermind...found my own answer. The Sundays' during Lent do not count toward the 40 days.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome back and congrats, Sam!

Missed you a lot, glad you are back. :)

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the promotion and quitting the "stupid" job sam, and we're glad to have you back!

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey, Sam! Good to see you.

Having fun throwing stuff, eh? Awesome! Here's a hot tip - when you're picking them up watch where you step very carefully! I have a black set, and finding them in the grass is always fun.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome back to the forum Sam! Congrats on your new rank too!:ultracool

Mike

Latest Discussions