Lent - giving anything up?

Schtankybampo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Oh, bugger, is it lent again already?

I was raised catholic. Did the whole thing. Yes, I still have the uniform. No, it doesn't look anything like the movies. People don't seem to realise that there is nothing inticing about a uni-piece navy jumper with the waist somewhere around your ankles.

I'm lapsed, of course. I think instead of giving anything up at all, I'll just try and be nice to people. I think that's the point of what organized religion was supposed to be trying to tell us anyway. So, c'mon non-giving-up people! Lets just lead the "Be Nice" revolution!

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Schtankybampo said:
I'll just try and be nice to people. I think that's the point of what organized religion was supposed to be trying to tell us anyway. So, c'mon non-giving-up people! Lets just lead the "Be Nice" revolution!
I'm with Schtanky--let the revolution begin!!! %-} :partyon: :ultracool :asian: :supcool: :) :kiss: :popcorn:

"It's the time of the season for loving..." :) - The Yardbirds

Peace,
G

Schtankybampo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Now, now, Samantha, being nice to people is probably the rudest thing you can do. At least in LA. They have no idea how to handle it. It's so completely alien to them that most of the time they run away in fear.

I'm not *completely* altruistic.

M

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Schtankybampo said:
being nice to people is probably the rudest thing you can do. At least in LA. They have no idea how to handle it. It's so completely alien to them that most of the time they run away in fear. M
:rofl:

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Schtankybampo said:
Now, now, Samantha, being nice to people is probably the rudest thing you can do. At least in LA. They have no idea how to handle it. It's so completely alien to them that most of the time they run away in fear.

I'm not *completely* altruistic.

M
:lol:

Dronak

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
No, my family never has been too big on the giving up something for Lent thing. I guess some of us do it now and then, but it's not a huge deal. All I ever do regularly is the minimum suggestion of no meat on Fridays.

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had this sweet little girl in my class say in all seriousness:

"I tried to give up my chores, but my parents wouldn't let me."

The look on her face was priceless. She honestly thought that was a reasonable sacrifice, and was horribly disappointed by the rejection of her idea.

Regards,

Steve

OP
S

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'd rather not know, if it's all the same to you.

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gin-Gin said:
I'm with Schtanky--let the revolution begin!!! %-} :partyon: :ultracool :asian: :supcool: :) :kiss: :popcorn:

"It's the time of the season for loving..." :) - The Yardbirds

Peace,
G
Im in........lead the way Schtankybampo! :ultracool

T

TonyM.

ahem. It was the Zombies. And if you let go of the tonearm while it's on the record, it might play music.

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TonyM. said:
ahem. It was the Zombies. And if you let go of the tonearm while it's on the record, it might play music.
Thanks for correction, Tony. Have a great day! :)

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I gave up giving a damn. Its working well for me so far.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
Yeah…..abstinence ;)

So, in 40 days you...ah fall of the wagon...so to speak. Let me see, that is 325.25 days. We'll have to paint your avatar blue... :supcool: