Left Out of D-Day Events, Queen Elizabeth Is Fuming

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
I won't however say your presidential system or the way you elect your officials is evil or wrong, I wouldn't dream of being so insulting.

Go ahead. Some Americans will agree, some will disagree, but very few will say you shouldn't speak up because you live somewhere else. In all the discussions here about American politics, I have never seen that argument leveled against a foreigner who criticized America. The criticism was dealt with on it's own terms.

So quit being so damned sensitive. It's your government, not your family. People elsewhere will have opinions on it, and are free to express them, and you are free to disagree. What you are not free to do however is to try to shut down debate because the people debating don't live where you do.

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Go ahead. Some Americans will agree, some will disagree, but very few will say you shouldn't speak up because you live somewhere else. In all the discussions here about American politics, I have never seen that argument leveled against a foreigner who criticized America. The criticism was dealt with on it's own terms.

So quit being so damned sensitive. It's your government, not your family. People elsewhere will have opinions on it, and are free to express them, and you are free to disagree. What you are not free to do however is to try to shut down debate because the people debating don't live where you do.

No Brit on this forum has said that they hate the US system. Nobody has said the constitution is an archaic piece of crap. That would be disrespectful.

Some on this forum however, have mentioned hate when it comes to the British system. It smacks of disrespect.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
No Brit on this forum has said that they hate the US system. Nobody has said the constitution is an archaic piece of crap. That would be disrespectful.

Some on this forum however, have mentioned hate when it comes to the British system. It is the height of arrogant disrespect.
Fixed that for you.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nobody has said the constitution is an archaic piece of crap. That would be disrespectful.

We have much broader freedom of speech protections here. It's OK to be disrespectful to the govt.

Selecting people for the job of Head of State based on parentage is archaic. No one said you can't do it. It's no worse than how the Dalai Lama is selected.

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
We have much broader freedom of speech protections here. It's OK to be disrespectful to the govt.

Selecting people for the job of Head of State based on parentage is archaic. No one said you can't do it. It's no worse than how the Dalai Lama is selected.

It's ok to disrespect the government also in the UK. That's just it, YOUR post has been a fair one. There has, however been one young pup on this thread who has been very disrespectful to Her Majesty and it has to be said that most Brits including myself are offended by such tripe. We take it personally, even peasants like me. Her Majesty has done much to ensure the rights and freedoms of the commonwealth and for that, my people owe her much and are protective.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ummmm....wasn't that whole issue of disagreement with the British Monarchy settled by 1789 or so? :D

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How dare thee pooh pooh me ma'lady. Tis right that thou be thrown over my knee!! :p

Only if you promise to keep talking to me in that brogue.... ;)

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
With a redo in 1812... ;)

You can't fault us for trying. It brings me to tears to think of the money I would have saved on lawyers and visas had we won
icon9.gif

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I rather like the UK's Monarchy and hope that the grace of God will of the people keep it in place. The thought of Britain without a queen seems so...unBritish.

It's comforting also as a reminder that there's more than one way of having a good government on this Earth.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Personally I admire The Queen. She has been a big supporter of America and the American people, and I can't think of a point in my lifetime where she has asked for anything in return. She became a world leader (that happened to be a woman) at a time when the world was becoming smaller and media spotlights were becoming brighter, and has carried on with dignity and grace.

Latest Discussions