leadership problem

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
this has nothing to do with my leadership ,but i remember a seminar and at the seminars the upper belts would lead the class(would have been me but one of the other student was slightly higher rank. when she was calling out the orders she was not very loud and the instructor would get mad when he looked over and noticed that and we would all do pushups when she did not call them out loud. i did not like this idea yet i stayed respectful and obeyed the instructors orders, we all did. however it happened at least 7 times though(i don't know if she was shy or just couldn't be louder or what) but one of the lower belts was saying stuff like"come on be louder" things like that. one thing i noticed was they got on to him the most.(was his actions worse, equal to, or not as much) your thoughts?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
First of all, I don't think anybody should be getting "mad" in a case like this. That's not going to help anything. Barring some extremely unlikely conditions, there's no reason why the leader couldn't raise their voice, and if any of those conditions applied, then the instructor should simply have been made aware of them.
Secondly, I don't personally go in for this sort of "punish the whole class" mentality. It just seems that there are better, more positive ways to motivate people.