Last Harry Potter Book

hong kong fooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
well I just finished the last Harry potter book! I can't belive I read 875 pages in one day my eyes hurt. lol it was a great book that had a lot of action in it as well

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
well I just finished the last Harry potter book! I can't belive I read 875 pages in one day my eyes hurt. lol it was a great book that had a lot of action in it as well

875 pages? My copy had 759 - and I agree, it was a great book!

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Finished it early this morning. Long, dull stretch in the middle there...

Yeah, I agree the middle was long and dull. Probably the part they will cut out in the movie!

Book was overall written well. Gonna miss this series.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have kids goota have book the middle was just so long but the childern love it. I have not read that much out loud in years.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*Sigh* It's over. Good book, good series, good action. But ... it's over. What am I gonna read now? *Sigh* I don't do Danielle Steele. *picks up book on meridians* Hmmmm ... :pirateboo

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
*Sigh* It's over. Good book, good series, good action. But ... it's over. What am I gonna read now? *Sigh* I don't do Danielle Steele. *picks up book on meridians* Hmmmm ... :pirateboo
Be patient... knowing what I know now about the book gives me a world of opportunities to write in a bunch of stuff... I had for a while wanted to write a HP adventure and ... AND include two of my favorite loves... MA and Caving! :D Since with the info in the epilogue... oh yeah lots of "what happened between then and now stuff to do"... wonder if Rowling had intended to allow other authors to fill in those blanks. Moldymort can't have been the ONLY bad guy and there's more than just a few Death-eaters that got away... bwah ha ha ha ha... more fodder for budding authors! YEEEEE-HAW!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Page Count
United Kingdom 608
United States 759
Canada 607

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Prolly had to use more smaller words for us ignant Amurican'ts. ;)
She might not be too far off here. Slang, syntax phrases used over the other side of the pond are different. I'm sure our British MA brothers and sisters on MT can tell us how frustrated they get reading our posts...
When will those ruddy Americans learn proper english?
%think%

Either way it works for me as long as I get the whole story. However I wouldn't mind reading the British version... just to see the differences... for the 'ell of it of course. Right.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, but not 150 pages' worth of that...could it be that the physical page size is different over there than here?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, but not 150 pages' worth of that...could it be that the physical page size is different over there than here?
Possibly ... or the standard printing font/size? or margins?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Possibly ... or the standard printing font/size? or margins?
I suspect some combination of both. Back when I was in high school (over 20 years ago, God help me), Stephen Donaldson came to my school to discuss his novels, primarily the first 4 of the Covenant books. One of the other students who came to hear him had a copy of one volume published in Great Britain that had been sent to him by a cousin, and while the dimensions were the same, it had a different number of pages - but I never got a close look at it, and I don't remember why it was different, or even which one was bigger; it's just been too long.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
She might not be too far off here. Slang, syntax phrases used over the other side of the pond are different. I'm sure our British MA brothers and sisters on MT can tell us how frustrated they get reading our posts...
When will those ruddy Americans learn proper english?
%think%

Either way it works for me as long as I get the whole story. However I wouldn't mind reading the British version... just to see the differences... for the 'ell of it of course. Right.
I doubt there's any significant difference in the words themselves... Just the page layouts. And the fluff at the beginning or end of the book.

OP
hong kong fooey

hong kong fooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
now all we can do is wait for the last movies to come out. but it got to read a book which is not somthing a do easily. I get distracted

Latest Discussions