Harry Potter comes July 21

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Final Harry Potter book due out in July http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070201/ap_en_ot/people_rowling
LONDON - " Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," the last of seven installments of the boy wizard's adventures, will be published July 21, author J.K. Rowling said Thursday.

Rowling announced the publication date on her Web site.

Bloomsbury, her British publisher, said it would publish a children's hardback edition, an adult hardback, a special gift edition and an audio book on the same day.

Scholastic Children's Books, the U.S. publisher, said it would offer a hardback edition at a suggested retail price of $34.99, a deluxe edition at $65.00 and a reinforced library edition at $39.99.

Bloomsbury noted that this year is the 10th anniversary of the publication of the first "Harry Potter" book in the phenomenally successful series.

The "Potter" books have sold 325 million copies worldwide and been translated into 64 languages, Bloomsbury said.

The last book, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," sold 2,009,574 copies in Britain on the first day of its release, Bloomsbury said.

The Potter franchise is so important to the company's earnings that it announced the publication to the London Stock Exchange.

Bloomsbury shares were up 2.2 percent to $4.40 after the announcement.
Can't wait! :D

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Going to order my book this AM! :boing1:

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'll be preordering it shortly....

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Me too...

...but I don't want anything bad to happen to Harry! Or Ron or Hermione! Or Professor McGonnigal! Pleeeeease???? :asian:

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
B&N sent me an email this morning about it and I there as fast as my connection could take me.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When you pre-order, do you get it earlier then the release date?

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When you pre-order, do you get it earlier then the release date?
They're not supposed to release it prior to the date. Here, at a few bookstore chains in the area, they host an HP-themed event the evening before release. You go and get your number (that being the number you will be to actually purchase the book) and you can hang out, play games, shop, do face-painting and crafts, see a magic show, etcetera with hundreds of other people. Then once midnight strikes, they call #1 and that person goes to the counter and pays for & receives their pre-ordered book. I'm *fairly* certain they only give a lower price and a priority number to you if you pre-order. Everyone else gets their numbers starting somewhere at 500 and pay only the normal discount (from B & N anyway).

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My wife has already ordered her copy and like last time I will be standing in line at the local book stores Harry Potter party with around one hundred kid's or so waiting to get her book.
icon6.gif
(the thing's one does for love :inlove: )

By the way I am on the third Harry Potter book with my youngest son and believe it or not J.K. Rawlings is probably the best writer I have ever read.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My wife has already ordered her copy and like last time I will be standing in line at the local book stores Harry Potter party with around one hundred kid's or so waiting to get her book.
icon6.gif
(the thing's one does for love :inlove: )

By the way I am on the third Harry Potter book with my youngest son and believe it or not J.K. Rawlings is probably the best writer I have ever read.
Rowling is a remarkable writer... her story is worthy of reading in of by itself... dirt poor when she started Harry Potter and now one of the richest women in the world. Richer than the Queen and that is saying something. :D

I will be sad when the story ends, but I do hope she doesn't kill off Harry and allows other writers to take a turn and bring Harry into adult hood with more adventures... like say... being an Auror and hunting down fleeing death-eaters.
I can envision a HP world where Harry teaches DoDA at Hogwarts and as an auror and possibly Ron and Hermione (if they surivive) married and Hermione teaching there as well... I can't see Ron teaching (potions... snicker) ... but you never know... LOL.

Latest Discussions