Harry Potter Theme Park Opening in Fla.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Harry Potter Theme Park Opening in Fla.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/31/AR2007053101082.html
By JIM ELLIS
The Associated Press
Thursday, May 31, 2007; 8:21 PM

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Universal Orlando Resort is opening a Harry Potter theme park that will let fans visit many of the iconic locations in the books and movies that endeared the boy magician to millions.
"The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" is set to open at Universal's Islands of Adventure theme park in late 2009, complete with the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the Forbidden Forest and Hogsmeade village.
"The plans I've seen look incredibly exciting, and I don't think fans of the books or films will be disappointed," said author J.K. Rowling, who has been working with a creative team to make sure the park resembles the books and films.
More than a dozen artists lead by Stuart Craig, the production designer of the movies, have set up house in the studio where the movies are being filmed to make sure every detail is considered, said Scott Trowbridge of Universal.
"We're really going to the people who know this world best to ensure that level of authenticity," he said.

Oh, why does it have to be in Florida? That doesn't match the weather I always expected for Harry's world at all. I was thinking more of Seattle with it's heavy rainfall or something... at least they get a winter as well. :D
Still it'll be popular to be sure but it's guaranteed not to be cheap. So parents and Potter fans... start saving your dimes and nickels. :D

Attachments

• $HOGWARTS.jpg
    $HOGWARTS.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 119

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
It definitely looks like it would be a lot of fun, and would be EXTREMELY busy for quite some time

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If they time it just right being projected to open in '09 they may catch either the 6th or final Harry Potter movie release... that would blow out the doors of that park for sure.

ChingChuan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Why does everything have to be in America? IF I am in America by that time, I'll probably be on the other side :(.

Latest Discussions