First tournament this year

Laborn

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well me and my school went to our first tournament this year. 4 of us went, the school won 8 gold medals and 3 silver medals. I won first place sparring, and forms for 14-17 black belt division. I fought an exibition match with an adult who had no one to fight *figured it would be good exp for me * Least to say i lost. LOL my instructer told me after the fight that the guy i fought was an international fighter, so i gues i should be glad i held my own *sort of * lol.

Laborm.

SAVAGE

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Laborn said:
Well me and my school went to our first tournament this year. 4 of us went, the school won 8 gold medals and 3 silver medals. I won first place sparring, and forms for 14-17 black belt division. I fought an exibition match with an adult who had no one to fight *figured it would be good exp for me * Least to say i lost. LOL my instructer told me after the fight that the guy i fought was an international fighter, so i gues i should be glad i held my own *sort of * lol.

Laborm.

You Rock...Keep Rocking...Congrats and good skills for the next tourney!

Aqua4ever

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations! first tournaments of the year are always fun. Keep up the hard training, and good luck at future tournies ;)
Aqua

OP
L

Laborn

Blue Belt
Reaction score
SAVAGE said:
You Rock...Keep Rocking...Congrats and good skills for the next tourney!

I wouldn't say i rock, i was half way lucky i gues with the international fighter, a few kicks i dodged could have seriously hurt me..you adults have alot of strength jeez.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Good job there...keep up the good work.
Glad that you held your own against the other guy.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
good job Laborn
fighting an exibiion matvh with someone you don't know is ometimes a great learning experence

G

Gary Crawford

Good job Labron! Yes fights like that are great experience.

OP
L

Laborn

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yeah that's why i agree'd to it hehe, it would get me better suited to fighting someone who's stronger then me, bigger then me outweighed me by 50 lbs, and more skilled then me. My mom taped it so im rewatching and rewatching hehe.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations Laborn-sounds like you did very well against your peers and still managed to get in a learning experience against an international player.

Miles

OP
L

Laborn

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Lmao it was funny. When we bowed in and the guy said to get into our fighting stance, he let out a blood curtling kiyap, dang that was powerful, my mom and my friends heard it from all the way in the top of the stands, and you guys know those tournaments are loud as crap. LOL my instructer was laughing cause he said "you turned around and looked at me like " oh chit" and that sure helped me out with my instructer over there laughing away lmao.

Aqua4ever

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yep. You know you're in trouble when your instructor's laughing at you...
Aqua

hong kong fooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
sorry you lost but Im sure you had alot of fun. my first Tournament was last year I was really nervous but I did my best and thats all that counts right?

Latest Discussions