Lame wing tsun vs wing chun fight

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok. It isnt the amount of space or the time of day or the humidity of the floor that makes you fight like garbage.

So now your reduced to a personal insult? Classy. Last I checked that is against forum rules.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ok. It isnt the amount of space or the time of day or the humidity of the floor that makes you fight like garbage.

Don't know about the rest of you, but I fight like garbage because I'm old, out of shape, and spend more time posting on threads like this refuting lame accusations than I do training. :p

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Don't know about the rest of you, but I fight like garbage because I'm old, out of shape, and spend more time posting on threads like this refuting lame accusations than I do training. :p

Ditto.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

When your opponent has right leg forward and you have left leg forward (a mirror stance), if you move toward your

- right, you will give your opponent a chance to attack you with both arms and both legs.
- left, you will only give your opponent a chance to attack you with his leading right arm and leading right leg. His back left arm and back left leg will be jammed by his own leading arm and leading leg.

Nothing to do with the style. The guy in that clip had used a wrong strategy (2.20 - 2.40).

Last edited:

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score

Probably true of me too.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
In fact, there is a place called Mechanicville Fitness Center that has an MMA school in it. I went down there to see if I could rent space to teach wing chun. It might be outside my means, BUT the guy said I could come down and do some sparring with the MMA folks. Might give it a shot for some real-world testing. Or as close to real-world as I can get. You know how it goes.

Reactions: KPM

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
In fact, there is a place called Mechanicville Fitness Center that has an MMA school in it. I went down there to see if I could rent space to teach wing chun. It might be outside my means, BUT the guy said I could come down and do some sparring with the MMA folks. Might give it a shot for some real-world testing. Or as close to real-world as I can get. You know how it goes.

Make sure you get it recorded (honestly, they'll probably be recording you). MMA guys love that sort of thing.

Latest Discussions