lack of serious martial artists

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
JFC: I like the extra crispy. Oh, sorry. That's KFC.
Mike Tyson: Is it true that Mike Tyson did very little strength training? I will admit it's been a LONG time since I've really thought about Mike Tyson. But I seem to recall he did a lot of cardio, some body weight exercises, and that's about it.
Physicality: Traits are what we're born with. Skills are what we learn. As my grandpa used to say, "You can teach a pig to climb a tree, but sometimes it's better to just get a squirrel."
Anger: Speaking just for me. I don't think it's all that helpful. In my experience, anger is often the outward expression of something else: inadequacy, frustration, sadness, depression, embarrassment, etc. When folks get angry, they are doing so because something else is actually going on. You fix that other thing and you'll be much happier.
Explosive movements are considered power training and generally creates both strength and endurance. If you try and move a weight fast as possible your muscles have to contract maximally basically.
You talk about traits but most people don't have the best knowledge, coaches, et cetera and think what they have "is the best" or "there's not much better so why bother". The psychology is more relevant than genetics. Everything in your DNA is expressed depending on factors outside of DNA. Epigenetics is a relevant topic here. Environmental factors, pressures, will affect your epigenetics and thus what DNA is expressed.
I mean what's the point you're trying to make about pigs and squirrels? It's severely conventional for people to give up and then rationalize it like you're doing, to just stick to less. It's not at all conventional for someone to actually FIGHT for something in any meaningful, high willpower way. Haha you're just saying **** those who don't even try say.
Anger: You're saying crap about "just give up" and "you can't achieve anything" yet talking to me about inadequacy. You gave up all the time and then got angry and then rationalized that anger is bad to completely shut down any attempt at "getting back into the ring". Don't project your twisted rationalizations mate. Your failures are a result of your own emotions and will. Nothing you say or do will change that
Frustration precedes either giving up or going harder and I can tell which you went with.

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So in your mind, a person who finds your silliness to be, well, SILLY, is angry?
Man I am trying to have a conversation here and the level of deafness and non-engagement even though you read every single post, then your post that seemed to be some disgusting innuendo all suggests to me how angry you are. In between your attempts at sagacity you're trying to get a grip on your anger before you start to really blow up.

What you're talking about is literally the process that leads to increased myelin production on a given pathway. I'm not sure why you seem to think this is somehow contrary to anything I've said.
You said teenagers can't make sound decisions or be better than adults in any or most metrics that have to do with the brain, so clearly what I say suggests a teenager may be better in any or most objective metrics that you could likely think of. Relevant and contrary!

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If you mean it's possible to find a teen who is better than an adult at something, sure. But the likelihood of it is low, since on average, adults have advantages in nearly every area. Young adults have more advanced muscle development than teens and usually better coordination. Adults' brains have completed development and have more defined pathways for the things they do regularly, so are typically better at processing.

There are areas where the juvenile brain has advantages, like neuroplasticity. So teens have an advantage over middle-aged adults in basic learning, though it's unclear how much advantage they have over young adults (who retain more neurplasticity). Specifically, they have an advantage in language learning - it seems the brain loses some ability to develop auditory distinction (the ability to distinguish new language sounds) by early adutlhood.

And teens certainly have an edge (probably even over young adults) in physical healing.

But teens, in general, cannot outdo adults, in general. Group to group, not looking at exceptional cases (because then we'd have to look at exceptional cases in both groups).
Well this makes sense but it seemed like you saying at one point that teenagers were incapable of having greater insight and decision making, to the point where they couldn't decide whether Martial Arts was for them or not without going to a dojo/gym. Also, you use the terms exceptional but what percentage what exceptional begin? I mean, is there a mere 10% shift in objective metrics (averaged out) between adults and teenagers? Are some things a mere 5% shift? Others a 0% shift? Are some a 15% shift? Or are we talking big numbers here, 20 - 30%? Are we talking above or below 1 Standard Deviation? I want to know how exceptional these cases are.

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Are you learning the psychology of the 1950's??
It's not even psychology, what are you talking about? I'm talking about whether a people or political body should see the behavior of veterans returning from war and be so absolutely stupid that they require physiology to figure out that they're traumatized or "burdened by the war mentally". My point was that no one needs science to understand what is going on in a general sense, that they have been afflicted mentally and emotionally by what went on in a war. And one can understand what veterans may want others to know and understand by simply communicating with them. I didn't really mean much else than that.

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Actually, anger tends to override the part of the brain that focuses on long-term outcomes. So the "goal" anger tends to focus you on is likely not at all the goal you'd choose consciously.
This is quite wrong. If you intend to do something in the moment then what the hell are you looking at 1 year from now for; as I've said before it's useful for work, power, and speed. You don't need a constant high fidelity view of the long-term goal to get anything done now. If I put a random problem, like a puzzle or something, in front of you you can solve that while being angry and your ability to solve it will not have been hindered if the anger is not so exceptional to your experience you're trying to adapt to it. Many intellectuals are angry as you and I both know. Their anger is often RESTRAINED though, harnessed quite literally. People who don't identify as angry often get quite lovely angry haha! They scowl and argue and get tense and clench and confront aggression with terse words and reasoning -- go ahead and tell me that's not a duck. Everyone is trying to convince everyone else they're not angry haha! Cultural phenomenon I guess.
Now if you want work done, like literal physical work, you can use anger. You can get angry. You get angry at the weights or the ground or whatever. You might not be angry for longer than a half second or whatever moment, but like I've said before anger increases SPEED that means it's QUICK and it can quickly disappear too. It can also be slow to grow, but it tends to be ready to ACT wherever it has grown. Maybe one is angry at a certain sort of thing, like slow drivers. One will get angry when driving behind one perhaps for a split second and then change lanes and speed past them. It still existed for that split second. Sometimes it's a malaise in the background of something. Either way it's ANGER and you can't say emotion doesn't have some physical link. If it can be HARNESSED to get the desired physicality that's GREAT and one should try and figure that out as a martial artist, no? Short-term you want fist to face. Great it moved quicker. I've seen it happen haha just sudden speed out of nowhere from someone that never had that kind of speed! And it was ANGER.
Just to be clear anger and hate aren't the same. You probably agree gpseymour but there are others reading so there it is.

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yes, you are.
Spend too much time with top fighters or any high achiever and you will see their angry side. So no, I'm not. Maybe they will try and control it with alcohol, sparring/ a friendly match, a workout, hitting the heavy bag, whatever. But no matter what the hell is on someone's face anger exists and no rationalization will make the emotions of people disappear. Hidden is hidden. Channelled is channelled. Sometimes one has a certain affect on others and there can be a shift of emotions from anger to something else but fighters PROGRESS on ANGER.
No anger, no progress. Simple as that! Not like they're completely inhuman and other sorts of variables don't come into play though!

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
This highlights an issue. It's pretty easy to find out that (and why) phrenology was dismissed long ago. Its predictions don't correlate well with outcomes, and newer models are much better predictively, and align with what we know from following injury case studies.
Ah but I have not done research or understood other possible meaning to what is being studied so I can't say to know or not. In other words maybe a few bumps mean something a bit profound but how would I know?

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The chemical process triggered by anger literally suppresses part of the brain's function.
And hate causes uncontrolled bias that distorts thinking.

Neither of those are good things. We all experience each of them from time to time, but it's difficult to come up with situations where either actually helps.
It is not difficult if you actually tried haha but why would you put in that work?
Supressing can mean focus you know that. When you want to move quick what do you think about? Your mother?
Uncontrolled bias means a bias that is let loose. Bull in a china shop. If all you care about is becoming the best martial artist or whatever it is, everything else will be thrown out of the way -- that's one example. If all you care about is lifting the weight then uncontrolled bias of the body (adaptation) for lifting said weight is useful (deadlifter's anatomy).
Uncontrolled bias is literally form, right? Because beginning from nothing you go with a consistent bias and get a resulting form. Same with function. If the uncontrolled bias is to go one direction and make a spiral (angular momentum bias) you get a spring. Is whatever literature you're referring to not compatible with this view?
Every emotion has a use. You will see.

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That's not anger, that's RBF.

Easily mistaken for anger though, and usually because the beholder is the angry one.

View attachment 27052
You can argue the magnitude and blend but they are there mofo. This looks like a mature blend of slight misery, anger and hate, concern or worry and sympathy, and some joy. There are always multiple ingredients in the dish but they are what they are!

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
When you

- were young, you would be angry about very little thing.
- get older, not that many things on earth can make you to feel angry.

A: My older brother can beat you up.
B: My father can beat your brother up.

A: Dear master! Someone said that his teacher can beat you up.
B: You tell that person that he has a good teacher.

Last edited:

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I hope to clarify my point of view with this post.

Premise - Emotions lend to different kinds and levels of physicality, as well as mental ability or abilities, thus should be used and generated effectively!
I will help frame the discussion with a new set of premises:

Premise 1 - There is the Mental, Physical, Social, Emotional and Rational.
Premise 2 - Emotions lend themself to each of the 5 differently and asymmetrically, but definitely lend themselves to the Physical.
Premise 3 - There are 5 relevant primitive negative emotions and those are Anger, Hate, Worry, Misery and Fear.
Premise 4 - Negative emotions are to do with the physical and base. Negative emotions essentially are one's physicality.
Premise 5 - Positive emotions are to do with physically transcendent and 'spiritual' things. Positive emotions essentially are one's spirit.
Premise 6 - Negative and Positive emotions are basically ignorant of and do not respect each other.

The misunderstanding is the real issue here. I hope this clarifies.
On your point of negative emotions not being prevalent in fighters: People can generate emotion and use it when they please. I can decide to lounge around or go running. But if I train and run every day I will get better at it! Those who do well generating and using negative emotion will be more effective! If you can literally berserk or Hulk Out you can of course be quite effective in relevant physical measures like strength or speed or intensity!

Premise 7 - Negative emotion tends to create physical structures and are sublimated in these in some sense, sometimes extremely so!
Premise 8 - The latent negative emotion is catalyzed by circumstance. This could be quite strict or loose circumstantial causes - meaning, one could fight only when socially acceptable or whenever they're provoked! But the point is that it may be sublimated and stored and brought out by catalysts and constrained by severe structure and logic [Rational]. This really plays into the "Reason dominates Emotion" trope - because it's true! In true Reason there is no Emotion.
Premise 9 - Directly hurt or controlled by Reason and lashing out is Anger.
Premise 10 - Somewhat hurting and somewhat controlling Reason is Hate and Hate lends itself to Physicality!
Premise 11 - Seeing the self-evident physical we tend to shape our Reasoning to fit such!
Premise 12 - Both Emotion and Physicality generate Physicality though often different.
Premise 13 - Physicality is an absolute DRAIN on Emotion! It consumes it!

It's a lot but here it is.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks more like hate. Think about it. Derision.

You can't read faces, are unable to understand emotions, can't relate to other people and become frustrated that what you say isn't taken as gospel because you say it. You are also fixated on a single subject. Do you want to tell us why? You don't have to of course but we'd understand better if you did.

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You can't read faces, are unable to understand emotions, can't relate to other people and become frustrated that what you say isn't taken as gospel because you say it. You are also fixated on a single subject. Do you want to tell us why? You don't have to of course but we'd understand better if you did.
You are wrong on each point. We have had disagreement and you are still angry that I have confronted you rather than backdown haha. I am fixated on a single subject because it's the topic of discussion, of which I am relating to the many things you and others have said as well as to different subjects of my own volition.
If you cannot intellectually engage with the topic do not rationalize your lack of will with some shortcoming of mine.

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Here is an extension of the premises:

[Premise 13 - Physical drains Emotional.]
Premise 14 - Social drains Physical.
Premise 15 - Reason drains Social.
Premise 16 - Mental drains Reason.
Premise 17 - Emotion drains Mental.
Premise 18 - Emotion harms or controls Social.
Premise 19 - Social harms or controls Mental.
Premise 20 - Mental harms or controls Physical.
Premise 21 - Physical harms or controls Reason.
Premise 22 - Reason harms or controls Emotion.
Premise 23 - Humans are Social.

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If anyone wants to intellectually engage with these premises go ahead. We can have a discussion, I look forward to it.

Now as it relates to lack of serious martial artists: I don't see there being any progress without clarity and illumination on these matters that I've raised. If humans are weak mentally, shouldn't that be the first weakness that is strengthened? According to what I've posited, this leads to Physical weakness though. Where do we see examples of such? Those that are quite mentally oriented tend to be uninterested in physical or social matters, right? You would find those people in intellectual, creative, philosophical fields perhaps.
But for a martial artist what is important is Mental Strength. This I believe has to do with Endurance, Wisdom and Knowledge; much of our Mind uses knowledge communicated from others to progress but what about KNOWLEDGE CREATION? This requires Mental strength. Original problem solving requires Mental strength. This is critical. Wisdom in fighting is of course critical haha. If you can reach a very high endurance relative to maximum intensity, this is also OF COURSE relevant (10 rep max at 90% max load vs 5 rep max at 90% load. Hitting hard beginning to end or just at the beginning. 30 rep max at 80% max load or 12 rep max at 80% max load). High endurance mean keeping both speed, strength and power up for a longer duration of time as well as at a higher % of max intensity. I believe this requires MENTAL strength and developing Mental strength DIRECTLY is the intelligent thing to do to obtain these very useful qualities. It connects MIND to BODY and one's Will and Control improves.

Next up is Emotional Strength. Of course! Duh! And its generation or existence perturbs the mental and harms or controls the Social! This can mean one fights against authority figures where others don't: Emotionally strong people fight corrupt governments. Can be positive or negative change, who knows! Emotion changes social dynamics. I believe this has to do with dexterity, perception and talent or traits, and general lifeforce. What controls, has power. Dexterity includes speed and agility though one needs some basic strength to accomplish any movement. Lifeforce can mean vitality or recovery or making the most out of being alive. Decision-making and Planning improves with emotional strength. Quick and perceptive folk tend to have a quick mind and quickly and perceptively manipulate mental models, concepts, facts and that stuff. In other words a quick and perceptive person is a quick and perceptive person. Such folk tend to suffer their own Emotion, being human and all. After adaptation though they are like weeds that keep coming back. . . . they just need to take a break and drink something. Healing is in part due to Emotional Strength. If you break your knee it's not getting better without emotional struggle. You try to use your leg and it hurts, you try and move and it's stiff and difficult, you try and do a squat after the cast is off and you can barely do a bodyweight squat with most weight on the other leg. Everything heals on its own if one's visceral emotional strength is great. There's a lot of room to smile around friends and cry alone, to rationalize, to treat something as purely physical and not emotional - but emotional struggle goes a LONG way in getting about anything done and making the most of opportunity and circumstances. Mental strength often plays second fiddle here but can be the determinant of success as well.

Discussion appreciated. If one can directly train Mental and Emotional Strength and bear these two Aspects in mind then one can succeed or progress.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are wrong on each point. We have had disagreement and you are still angry that I have confronted you rather than backdown haha. I am fixated on a single subject because it's the topic of discussion, of which I am relating to the many things you and others have said as well as to different subjects of my own volition.
If you cannot intellectually engage with the topic do not rationalize your lack of will with some shortcoming of mine.
Sweetie, I'm not angry at all. Your mistake.

The discussion, as posted by the OP, is 'the lack of serious students' it's not the diagen show, you have monopolised this thread and taken it well off the OP's point. You should have made your own thread to pontificate on. Perhaps the mods could move the posts to its own thread.

I didn't say you had a shortcoming at all, I suspect I'm right in why you are posting the way you are and the signs I mentioned point exactly to what I think you are. It's also why you cannot conceive why you are wrong or even that you could be wrong. This isn't said as an insult or a put down.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Daigen,

Please understand I will use some experiences to try to communicate to you, and explain why some ( most / all ) disagree with you.

When I was just a young adult male (still forming complete frontal lobe - 18 - 25) , I did security and bouncing work.

Usually it was just name calling and I could easily live with them name calling me as they walked / drove away.

When it came down to a confrontation , I would usually get scared , not mad or anger, I got scared and the adrenaline would drop.
I would then Hulk smash to opponent. I would grab them and slam them into something. Being ~6'3" - 192 cm.
I was about 240 to 250 lbs - 109 to 114 kg.
People got hurt.

I realized that this was bad / wrong .
So I would hesitate.
Those couple of months I ended up in the hospital and hurt a lot more than previously.
So I choose to act first. Maybe this makes me the jerk (* insert other bad name here *) , yet anger had nothing to do with this.
I reacted to the adrenaline and I choose to act and to stay hyper aware.

Later in life, I was walking up on my vehicle and I saw the front fascia bent in from the bumper of the van that parked in front of it.
I remember being about 5 feet away and then pulling my foot out of the quarter panel of the van. I had kicked and caved it in.
I was angry. I had had tunnel vision. Above examples I did not have tunnel vision. I was angry and could react, but I could have been blindsided and knocked over with a feather pillow from my side of behind as I was not even aware of the kick until it was over.
In previous , instances I was aware of those around me, and was able to react.

I lived and was addicted to the Adrenaline response. I could even trigger it myself without an external trigger.
Yet, living constantly at such hyper awareness including sleeping lightly to hear people entering the house and vehicles outside, so I could react if required, was a huge impact to the body and mind over time. There was no time for recovery.

Years later when I was going thru a divorce and could not move out, for legal / financial reasons I slept and lived like that. Even before the divorce it was a similar situation. It wore on me. Yes, anger could happen from the lack of control, but the lack of control and anger were by products of the stress on the body of living with the adrenaline all the time. The Hyper Awareness.
Even the best Special Forces get down time , yes many are still addicted to adrenaline , and race bikes and cars and such, yet they get away from the active and chill for a bit even in a FOB.

My points are that your anger here with people has been seen before by people who think they have found something that no one has ever realized before. Kind of like the first time a young person finds their genitals have pleasure centers as well.

Anger may be the term you are using, I believe that Adrenaline and focus are what you are trying to describe.
Life and death, and the thrill of the hunt and the desire for victory.
Anger, reduces the focus.
Intensity and desire do matter.

Yet, yelling at everyone here, seems to be counter productive to trying to get your point across or get the conversation you wanted.
Also, with a couple of your points if one disagrees then they are wrong. means you are not open to data. Only to your point, and all have to agree. And you are looking for this agreement to justify your comments and point of view.

I can't tell you what to do.
Just as you can't tell me what to do.

I can ask you to think about your points and be open to other opinions and facts and data.
If not then you most likely will be called out and continued to be treated like you are. Where everyone asks you to justify and provide resources. and such.

To provide a similar argument to what you have presented:
Real from my life:
Judge: Mr. Parsons what do you have to say to these charges for the PPO (Personal Protection order) that your Wife has files against you stating you you have done (* Insert violent acts *) .
Me: Your Honor please do not answer this question. When did you stop beating your wife? You see, you cannot answer the question as asked, as one cannot prove a negative.

Judge: Smiled - and then said How do you recommend we proceed?
Me: I would ask her to provide evidence, pictures, witnesses, and or medical data.
Judge: That seems fair,
Ex: F-You (* to me *)
Judge: Taking control back and telling her to be civil or be held in contempt and go to jail.
Ex Lawyer: Your Honor we will review and provide what evidence there is.
Me: Your Honor she had a broken forearm as a defensive wound in middle school that Child Protective Services investigated from Field hockey.
Judge: No need to provide evidence at this time. I will strike it from the order and grant it.

My point for the above example. If you make claims expect people to ask for evidence.
At least do your best to provide examples from your own life or training.

Good Luck

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sweetie, I'm not angry at all. Your mistake.

The discussion, as posted by the OP, is 'the lack of serious students' it's not the diagen show, you have monopolised this thread and taken it well off the OP's point. You should have made your own thread to pontificate on. Perhaps the mods could move the posts to its own thread.

I didn't say you had a shortcoming at all, I suspect I'm right in why you are posting the way you are and the signs I mentioned point exactly to what I think you are. It's also why you cannot conceive why you are wrong or even that you could be wrong. This isn't said as an insult or a put down.
Why are you so dishonest? Did your brain break? "You can't read faces, are unable to understand emotions, can't relate to other people and become frustrated that what you say isn't taken as gospel because you say it."
Haha clearly someone is losing cogency here because that made no sense. You've clearly stated my "shortcomings".

I have conceded or agreed on multiple points with multiple posters and you still think that because I have not given up the discussion that I somehow have not agreed to anything, or am demanding my point of view be completely absorbed without intellectual engagement, disagreement, or discourse? Are you even reading what is happening? You are losing so many threads in this topic hahaha!

You are just argumentative without substance! Would one call that anger or dimentia?

I have agreed that out of control emotion is self-destructive and that emotion must be USED. I also have raised interesting points that you are unwilling to engage with or agree with because you are vacuously argumentative! Read over this conversation if you want clarity, or keep typing if you don't. I am willing to defend or discuss whatever previous posts of mine you bring up! If you want to say what you agree and disagree with in my posts be my guest! If you want clarification on things I've said, be my guest!

Since you have been reading all along you should know that the topic has sparked this discussion? No one here has even asserted they are very serious martial artists trying to become the best, so should all of you stop posting? Do not boil down what I say to whatever is easier for you to address while destroying the meaning of what I am saying.

The connection of emotion to physicality, or the connection of emotion to mentality or mental ability, and the connection of emotion to sense, speed, reflex, is clearly relevant when martial artists may GIVE UP and STOP PUTTING IN because they think they have to be completely emotionally detached or PLAYFUL and POSITIVE when that makes no god damn sense -- you're trying to destroy the other person! I am trying to build a framework or paradigm for the ENGAGED and SERIOUS with everyone here.

There is no "digging in". Not every conversation is open and shut like you may hope Tez3. Just because it's elaborate and I am trying to get more out of it doesn't mean you need to SHUT IT DOWN. Ridiculous.

EMOTIONAL ENGAGEMENT will determine the growth of a Martial Artist. If you don't want to sophisticate the discussion on anger, emotion, mental strength, mentality, and the level of seriousness or diligence and dedication of martial artists then post in another thread. This is a conversation not a structured pre-planned book.

If you are EMOTIONALLY ENGAGED you will get ANGRY or HATEFUL or MISERABLE or FEARFUL or WORRIED. Now, if each of these lend themselves to certain physical manifestations AS I POSIT then OF COURSE IT'S RELEVANT. If one can't deal with negative emotions then THEY DROP THE F OUT of MARTIAL ARTS AND FIGHTING.

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Daigen,

Please understand I will use some experiences to try to communicate to you, and explain why some ( most / all ) disagree with you.

When I was just a young adult male (still forming complete frontal lobe - 18 - 25) , I did security and bouncing work.

Usually it was just name calling and I could easily live with them name calling me as they walked / drove away.

When it came down to a confrontation , I would usually get scared , not mad or anger, I got scared and the adrenaline would drop.
I would then Hulk smash to opponent. I would grab them and slam them into something. Being ~6'3" - 192 cm.
I was about 240 to 250 lbs - 109 to 114 kg.
People got hurt.

I realized that this was bad / wrong .
So I would hesitate.
Those couple of months I ended up in the hospital and hurt a lot more than previously.
So I choose to act first. Maybe this makes me the jerk (* insert other bad name here *) , yet anger had nothing to do with this.
I reacted to the adrenaline and I choose to act and to stay hyper aware.

Later in life, I was walking up on my vehicle and I saw the front fascia bent in from the bumper of the van that parked in front of it.
I remember being about 5 feet away and then pulling my foot out of the quarter panel of the van. I had kicked and caved it in.
I was angry. I had had tunnel vision. Above examples I did not have tunnel vision. I was angry and could react, but I could have been blindsided and knocked over with a feather pillow from my side of behind as I was not even aware of the kick until it was over.
In previous , instances I was aware of those around me, and was able to react.

I lived and was addicted to the Adrenaline response. I could even trigger it myself without an external trigger.
Yet, living constantly at such hyper awareness including sleeping lightly to hear people entering the house and vehicles outside, so I could react if required, was a huge impact to the body and mind over time. There was no time for recovery.

Years later when I was going thru a divorce and could not move out, for legal / financial reasons I slept and lived like that. Even before the divorce it was a similar situation. It wore on me. Yes, anger could happen from the lack of control, but the lack of control and anger were by products of the stress on the body of living with the adrenaline all the time. The Hyper Awareness.
Even the best Special Forces get down time , yes many are still addicted to adrenaline , and race bikes and cars and such, yet they get away from the active and chill for a bit even in a FOB.

My points are that your anger here with people has been seen before by people who think they have found something that no one has ever realized before. Kind of like the first time a young person finds their genitals have pleasure centers as well.

Anger may be the term you are using, I believe that Adrenaline and focus are what you are trying to describe.
Life and death, and the thrill of the hunt and the desire for victory.
Anger, reduces the focus.
Intensity and desire do matter.

Yet, yelling at everyone here, seems to be counter productive to trying to get your point across or get the conversation you wanted.
Also, with a couple of your points if one disagrees then they are wrong. means you are not open to data. Only to your point, and all have to agree. And you are looking for this agreement to justify your comments and point of view.

I can't tell you what to do.
Just as you can't tell me what to do.

I can ask you to think about your points and be open to other opinions and facts and data.
If not then you most likely will be called out and continued to be treated like you are. Where everyone asks you to justify and provide resources. and such.

To provide a similar argument to what you have presented:
Real from my life:
Judge: Mr. Parsons what do you have to say to these charges for the PPO (Personal Protection order) that your Wife has files against you stating you you have done (* Insert violent acts *) .
Me: Your Honor please do not answer this question. When did you stop beating your wife? You see, you cannot answer the question as asked, as one cannot prove a negative.

Judge: Smiled - and then said How do you recommend we proceed?
Me: I would ask her to provide evidence, pictures, witnesses, and or medical data.
Judge: That seems fair,
Ex: F-You (* to me *)
Judge: Taking control back and telling her to be civil or be held in contempt and go to jail.
Ex Lawyer: Your Honor we will review and provide what evidence there is.
Me: Your Honor she had a broken forearm as a defensive wound in middle school that Child Protective Services investigated from Field hockey.
Judge: No need to provide evidence at this time. I will strike it from the order and grant it.

My point for the above example. If you make claims expect people to ask for evidence.
At least do your best to provide examples from your own life or training.

Good Luck

I find this very interesting thank you. This is exactly the kind of stuff people can learn from. You are correct that logic is necessary. I agree with what you say that different emotions creates different responses, such that fear creates adrenaline and such creates focus, vigilence. Though often there is a mix of anger and fear but fear keeps us from hesitating. This is an important part. Now, conquering fear is great. If you are a boxer you may want to conquer your eyes blinking when a punch or jab is motioned towards you (a feint) or when it is close but not touching, or keep them open no matter what for any reason. Then you may have your eyes water quite a bit from the exertion. This is good though. It is like a fear response and one must conquer it but not necessarily decrease and dull the "fear" too much as one could damage their eyes by not blinking when something moves towards their eyes in some other circumstance. This is what I mean by "there must be a discussion". It is interesting that instead of fearful blinking one is miserable trying to keep their eyes open. Then, conquering sensation is to do with MISERY? But why is it that when there's a reflex it is MISERY that must occur? See it's interesting! I believe Misery is tied to Reason.

Last edited:

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Reason - Misery
Mind - Fear
Emotion - Anger
Physical - Hate
Social - Worry

Now according to my thoughts, fear puts pressure on the physical but it's an emotion so it doesn't really kill strength or anything. Now when it's adrenaline or more physical fear it's like a strange mind-emotion-physical combo. Emotion is difficult for any human being and is generally negative hence any time emotions are running high, stress does too. Adrenaline tends to come up for those in anything requiring strong mental presence though -- one can get it from a video game or internet argument haha! But yes, chronic adrenaline can be rather painful. If you no longer want Adrenaline then very diligent mental training is necessary. For humans this is quite difficult I believe. It is like, one's awareness comes and goes. Those that go through extreme mental training have an easier time of being aware of their surroundings with perhaps minimal adrenaline to help them. If anyone disagrees go ahead and we can discuss what it is you disagree with.

Latest Discussions